DVD drive not recognized -320553art/reg fix dosent work....

Old January 24th 08, 05:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gkeuler

Default DVD drive not recognized -320553art/reg fix dosent work....

my dvd drive has also gone missing on my vista home 32, im sure its the
same type of problem that most people are suffering, worked fine,
installed itunes hooked up ipod, download daemon tools etc, then it
stopped being recognized, not sure when exactly it all went wrong, but
the drive still opens spins does all that but just wont show up in disk
mangement, device manager or my computer.

I used the MS ART - 320553 registry fix and deleted the filters, but to
no avail, anyone have any other solutions??

--
gkeuler
Old January 24th 08, 12:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Hi,
This is the usual recommended kb for fixing this issue:
If that doesn't work, try a system restore to date when your DVD drive was
still working and/or not missing.
I had to resort to system restore once because none of the known spells,
sorcery, alchemy would work.
Carlos

Old January 24th 08, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LEONARD 48[_2_]

Thank you. I tried some other responses which were all quite complicated for
a novice like me. The fix Carlos stated was simple and it worked...just
follow the link and you WILL solve the problem of missing the drive on Vista.
The link tales ytou right to where you do an edit search and then go into
removal of filters. Too easy!!!

Old January 25th 08, 12:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LEONARD 48[_2_]

I forgot to mention. When the link takes you to the Windows Vista site...to
avoid confusion, go straight to RESOLUTION and start. Just ensure you remove
the upper and lower filter and restart your computer. Bingo! You will be
happy becuase this is a very annoying problem. You can go back and read the
other writing later.

Old February 27th 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The song of missing device in Vista..

2/27/2008 I have a hard time with windows vista utimate.
A clean installed OK with DVD and C:..Then the worst came following the hook
up
the other two old Hard drives ( with full Data on them) and do a bit over
clock on the core voltage..System hang! rebooted it come back to life and
surrpricingly GO fast,but NO DVD. I tried to restore the old set up but fail
to see my dvd again. It's still functioning in physical ( open.close..) But
now I could not see it on the screen. I put the second one and rebooted,
still not OK. After trying so many way NO success..
Please any one give some help.
My system: CPU Intel Q6600,MB Abit P35 pro,RAM infinity 4GB,C: SATA2 500GB
Hitachi brand new, PSU 850w,Vista Utimate new,DVD Asus SATA interface, DVD2
liteonlightscrite.that all.
I have trying hard for two weeks but NO LUCK! sorry..Oh! my
vista..vista..the song of go forward..Darling

Old February 27th 08, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The song of missing device in Vista..[_2_]

Oh,yes,may be this is a solution for me. I'm too busy to look around.I hooked
two DVD on the systwm of all known working but, the windows vista ultimate
32bit did not display them on screen.The BIOS saw them,the device manager saw
them as well..only VISTA could not see them. Too much filters.. and where are
those boys?
please be kindly enough ( any gents or Knights of the mordern time point it
to me) Thanks for any help to bring me back to life!

Old June 26th 08, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mickm

Just Like to say many thanks to everyone for the info "DVD drive not
reconised" i followed the Vista help sheet that you recommended and it
now seems to be working ok, so i am now ready to reload my programs to
write to the dvd player hopefully this will continue to work.

Mick

--
mickm