Getting Vista and XPH to cooperate?

Old January 24th 08, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Fatal_Exception

Default Getting Vista and XPH to cooperate?

First, let me point you to the Technet site for Vista File Sharing..

If you follow the steps provided there, you should be able to fix this
pretty fast..
--
FE
Wm P

"***** charles" wrote:

Hi all,

I am just starting the process of setting up two machines
one vista and the other xph. So far I have no luck in
getting the two to share. I would like the xph machine
to use the D: drive on the vista machine to hold all of
my songs and other stuff temporarily while I reinstall
xph from scratch after which would like to copy all
the files back to the xph machine. The D: is large enough
to do what I need it is just that I am getting a
\\VISTA is not accessible error message when I try
to double click on it in the workgroup area. I can ping
each way and there is an account on each computer that is
the same name with no password. I am not even getting
a logon screen when I double click the vista machine.
How do I fix this?

thanks,
charles....

Old January 24th 08, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
***** charles

Good reference but is there an "easy" way to share the D:
drive with no password checking and everyone can see
and modify it? like a big scratch pad area for everyone?

thanks....