Monitor Show 'No Signal' when i reboot or turn on pc

Old January 26th 08, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ron

Default Monitor Show 'No Signal' when i reboot or turn on pc

I just had a new pc built with an E6750 processor, 500 gb HD, xfx 8600gt vid
card. I have a viewsonic LCD monitor which is the only pice not new. I have
the monitor connected to the vid card with a dvi cable. I also have an old
crt monitor which when i plug this in and started the pc up worked fine. the
LCD is not finding a signal until i unplug the cable and replug it back in.
then i get video. Is there anything i can do to fix this problem or anything
i can look for. i downloaded as many drivers as i can think of.

Old January 26th 08, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

There should be an input button on the monitor that will switch it between
Digital and Analog input modes. Try toggling it.

Old January 27th 08, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ron

No the vga cable was not connected. The monitor was and still is set to
digital. i have since taken the dvi cable off and am using the vga cable with
the dvi adampter connected to the vid card and now it works fine. it seems
the monitor is not working right. this is what i get for buy a refurb

Old January 27th 08, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Not surprised since most "refurbs" are not refurbished at all. they are
just checked out by the store or company that made them for minimal
functionality and most of then have been returned due to; Sticker shock,
lack of understanding how them they work, or because they did not work
correctly for all functions.