Can't see THUMBNAILS

Old January 26th 08, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Brian

Default Can't see THUMBNAILS

When I'm in my Windows folders, I can no longer see thumbnails of pictures,
just an icon. Not sure if an association was changed by another program???

My Folder properties are set to "pictures and Videos"...

Can anyone help me out with this one?
Old January 26th 08, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Dave

In Windows Explorer
Organize - Folder & Search options - View
uncheck [ ] Always show icons, never thumbnails
ok

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old May 27th 08, 01:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PoldenKaz

Please can you help me. I am unable to view PDF files as thumbnails all I see
are icons. The other files I have are all okay it's just the PDF ones. I have
been looking through your discussions and have tried several suggestions for
viewing thumbnails however I cannot workout how to get to the suggestion you
ade below as i would like to give this a try. Please could you give me a bit
more detail of how to get to the always show icons, never thumbnails bit.

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply
PoldenKaz

Old December 12th 09, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
professional100

Hi...
I seem to be having the same problem, although a bit more complicated.
My computer was infected with some malware and a virus, which just got
cleaned by some anti-spyware softwares. Since that operation, I can no
longer see any thumbnails. All I see is blank squares. I cannot see
their preview in the preview pane, but I can view them once I open them.
Also, since this started happening, I cannot view my desktop
wallpaper as well. All I see is a black screen. All icons on the desktop
are fine. I am unable to choose a new desktop as well. Please help if
this issue is fixable. Thnaks.

Harkeerat

--
professional100

Old December 12th 09, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

professional100 wrote:
Hi...
I seem to be having the same problem, although a bit more complicated.
My computer was infected with some malware and a virus, which just got
cleaned by some anti-spyware softwares. Since that operation, I can no
longer see any thumbnails. All I see is blank squares. I cannot see
their preview in the preview pane, but I can view them once I open
them. Also, since this started happening, I cannot view my desktop
wallpaper as well. All I see is a black screen. All icons on the
desktop are fine. I am unable to choose a new desktop as well. Please
help if this issue is fixable. Thnaks.

Harkeerat

==================================
Maybe the following article would be worth a look:

(934008) The Windows Vista desktop
appears black after you enable the "Hide
and disable all items on the desktop" policy
setting or the "Disable all items" policy setting
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934008

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience