Driver Download for Intel 82945G Chipset Family - Problems

Old January 28th 08, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Default Driver Download for Intel 82945G Chipset Family - Problems

Were you able to load the Intel drivers from Safe Mode?
Were you able while in Safe mode to change your desktop resolution to one
that your display will accept when you boot in normal mode?
"dlsayremn" wrote in message
Was not able to download directly from Intel. Computer not validated
message.
Had to go roundabout to get get from Intel.
I was unable to get to safe mode until 30 minutes ago. Still cannot get to
regular Windows. Somehow lost all my restore points, so cannot revert and
you
cannot rollback to previous driver in safe mode.

"Curious" wrote:

using safe mode download and install the latest graphics drivers from the
Intel Website, do not use drivers from the MS website.
Then boot again in safe mode and set the resolution to the correct
(native
resolution ) of your display and then boot in normal mode.
"dlsayremn" wrote in message
Went to Windows Update Catalog to get driver download. Windows Update
still
has it listed as installed. When clicked link there, I got the newest
Intel
download, not the Windows Update.
After restart,everythig went normal until loading desktop and taskbar
items.
Not sure were in the process, but monitor went black and I got the "Out
of
Range" error.
Shut down computer and restarted to go to Safe Mode and restore to
before
download. Safe Mode starts, goes to Loaded \Windows\System32\Drivers
CRCDisk
sys then hangs.
Repair Startup loads files then goes to black screen.
For about 10 minutes I have been lookig at a screen with Microsoft
Corporation and the moving busy bar. tried to do Last Known Good
configuratin.

Trying to decide if I want to use my system recovery disks or take it
in
MicroCenter and let them work on it. Don't know this is covered in my
service
contract.

"dlsayremn" wrote:

Not sure if this should be posted here or Windows Update.

Compaq Presario SR2180Nx
Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium D CPU (Dual Core)
RAM 3062 MB
Monitor X2gen MW19R (Wide Screen 1024 x 768 @ 59 Gz)

Received notice of driver update for 82945G chipset ver. 7.14.10.1364
today.
It is an optional download. Checked and clicked install. When the
computer
restarted after the signon screen I got a black screen with notice
signal
out
of range. User Manual for monitor says this indicates computer video
signal
exceeds frequency range of monitor.
Had to shut down computer so could restart in safemode. Then had to
use
Restore to revert to previous drivers. Also, uninstalled update.

Not sure what I am doing. Can I download and install this driver using
Safemode with internet connection. Would I be able to change output
frequency
and how would I do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old January 28th 08, 05:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dlsayremn

Curious, thanks for help.

When I finally got into Safe Mode, I disabled and uninstalled the adaptor
and drivers and tried downloading from Intel. Got the usual message drivers
not validated for this computer when I tried to install them. Then got the
old drivers from HP and loaded them. My wife wanted her computer.

Went to Windows Update Catalog, this is not the same as Windows Update, and
got drivers from there. Have not done anything with them yet. I am tired.
Been playing with this computer since 7:30 this morning. Will proably try
again tomorrow.

Again thanks for help. Will post any further developments. DLS

Old January 28th 08, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

I suggest that you contact Compaq support and have them provide you the
latest drivers. Check their Website first they have them available there.
news

Old January 28th 08, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dlsayremn

HP-Compag worse than MS. Usually have updates 1-2 months after MS does.

HP-Compaq still has Ver. 7.14.10.1322 release date 09-21-07( Intel release
April, 2007).
MS has Ver. 7.14.10.1364 release date 01-26-08( Intel release Otober, 2007).
Not sure when Ver 7.14.10.1500 was released, but think was July.
Intel newest Ver.7.14.10.1409 was released 01-10-08.

"Curious" wrote:

I suggest that you contact Compaq support and have them provide you the
latest drivers. Check their Website first they have them available there.
news

Old January 28th 08, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dlsayremn

Richard, Dwarf, Colin, Curious.
Thanks for help. Drivers are installed and working.

1. Downloaded and saved file WinVista 1573.exe from MS
2. Restarted in Safe Mode.
3. Ran file and installed drivers.
4. Right clicked Desktop and clicked Personalize in popup menu. Then selected
Display Settings.
5. Resolution was at 1440x900. In Advanced Settings, List All Modes,
1440x900,
32-bit, @60 HZ was selected. My monitor only supports
1440x900,32-bit,@78 HZ.
6. Changed to Resolution to 1024x768 and selected 1024x768,32-bit, 60 HZ.
Which
was my original setting.
8. Restarted and everything works fine.

Don't know why Resolution and Mode was changed.
If I remember correctly the Update just download and install without an
option to save and install later. Hopefully, noone else wiil have use their
Recovery Discs and spend 6 hours runnig Repair Startup Files.

Lesson learned: Do Updates in Safe Mode with Internet Connection and check
Display Settinge after Video Driver installs.

Again thanks. DLS

Old January 31st 08, 10:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dlsayremn

Got update notice for Intel video drivers today. Still have the old ones
loaded.don't know what is going on. Will try installing them again.