Pixelated Video!!

Old August 30th 06, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
iam

Default Pixelated Video!!

I was so having the same problem with that build, and not much helped it.
Mine would pixilate slow down and crash the system. The New build Pre RC
fixed it. for me. I have not seen that pixilation yet, but still get a lot
of cpu on some videos.

Just hold on a little bit longer, It is worth the wait.

iam

"JW" wrote in message
Previously you said you had a 6200 LE card so all of my comments were
based on that.
The 6600LE has half the memory bus witth and thus half the memory
bandwidth of the other 6600 cards so although it may be good for gaming
since it has a lot of memory and is SLI capable it is not good for high
resolution video.

I suggest that you replace it with a 128MB 7600GS or better yet a 7600GT.

"DiDo FRGT/10" wrote in message
news
I forgot.. My graphics card is MSI Geforce NX 6600LE SLI Ready 265MB
PCI-Express.. I was told that is one of the best.. Is it or should I get
better one?? Please send me spec if there is.. But not too costy One
more
thing, my hard drive is Segate 120GB SATA, it makes strange noises when
it
copies, not loud but strange, is that normal?? Thnx

"JW" wrote:

I don't know the specifications on you Saphire card but if it worked
there
was not reason to replace it with one that appears to be less capable in
regaards to WMV files.
As I said before the extra memory on the new card makes no difference at
all
for ATSC HDTV video.
"HagarTheHorrible" wrote in
message ...
So the old 128 meg ATI Sapphire which ran the high res WMV files will
work
fine but my new 256 meg nvida will not? Please say it ain't so!

"JW" wrote:

AFAIK the 6200 chips do not have hardware decoding support for high
resolution WMV files which means that you would need a more powerfull
graphics card. Also you only need 128MB of memory on a grapics card
for
HD
video more that amount is only a benefit to gamers.
Following is a link to NVIDIA chip capabilities matrix:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html
"HagarTheHorrible" wrote
in
message news Same problem here too... but only with WMV files. MPEGs seem to
play
just
fine.

I'm running an Athlon XP2500 with 1 gig of RAM and a GeForce 6200LE
video
card with 256 meg of RAM.

"DiDo FRGT/10" wrote:

I've recently got the Vista beta2 DVD, and installed it.. It's
great,
and
the
Aero style is amazing, but what's with the videos??? First of all,
mpg
files
don't have thumbnails, 2nd when I play video files it has very low
quality,
it is pixelated and when I play divX files the system slows down!!
Is
it
an
issue in the vista video renders, DirectX issues, drivers or is it
just
my
graphics card???

P.S.: My system: