low memory when trying to play dvd's

Old September 3rd 06, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JBejarano

Default low memory when trying to play dvd's

I recently developed a problem with trying to play dvd's using either Media
Player or Media Center in Vista beta 2. If I try to play them with Media
Player, I get a "low memory" error. If I try it in Media Center, it does
nothing at all. I must admit it has been a couple of weeks since the last
time I tried to play a dvd, but up until today, I had no problems playing
them. I tried restoring to a point a few weeks ago, no help. I tried
reinstalling a fresh copy of Vista, still nothing. I can play videos, music,
etc. with either one, I just cant play dvd's. Any one have any ideas?
in case it helps:
Pentium Extreme Edition 840
2GB RAM
BFG GeForce 7900GTX-OC 512MB PCI-Express
Old September 3rd 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
FrRSutter

I have exactly the same problem also. Media Center does nothing, and WMP
gives the low memory error and lists chapters but nothing else.

I have installed WinDVD and get no video or audio.
I have installed PowerDVD and get no video or audio.

If I wanted problems like that, I'd use linux!

Arelbius+

Old September 4th 06, 12:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JBejarano

"JW" wrote:

How much memory do you hae allocated to the swap area(Virtual Memory)?

It is set to "system managed size" of 2344MB
Old September 4th 06, 02:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JW

Then it appears that that is not the cauuse of the error you re seingl

Old September 4th 06, 04:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
CassMori

I also have this problem. Fresh install of Vista Beta 2.

2.6 P4 HT
2 GB RAM (1.36 free currently, according to Task Manager)
WinFast 5900 Ultra 256 MB (newest Nvidia driver)
paging file set to 2346, system managed (using 1.19 GB currently according
to Task Manager)

Old September 4th 06, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
CassMori

sorry for the extra two posts, I was receiving an error message (it seems
they were related to receiving the notifications though), so I didn't think
they had went through. How does one delete duplicate posts?
Old September 4th 06, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JW

When you say newest Nvidia Vista drivers are you referring to the 96.33
drivers that were just released (9/1)?