Video Email

Old September 4th 06, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Sterdog

Default Video Email

Hello,
I have heard that vista has video email capabilities. Is this true? If so,
is there a plugin, download etc to view it on the receiving side?

thanks.
Old September 4th 06, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Richard Hay

I do not believe there is anything inherit within Windows Mail or even
Outlook 2007.

I am sure you could record a video on your PC then attach to an email.

--
Richard Hay
Windows Vista Build 5600 RC1 (x86)

Old September 4th 06, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Samiuela LV Taufa

Microsoft had/has a addin for Outlook 2003, do a search for "Outlook 2003
Add-in: Video E-mail"

Unfortunately it seems to be using some sort of compressed html format and
definitely throws up heaps of warning messages with Avast Anti-Virus. I
haven't seen any integrated solution for Outlook 2007 or Windows Vista, but
it would seem they have to make a rethink on their 2003 solution.

It might just come out as a "Live" solution,

who knows ???

Sam T.

.../DIVI do not believe there

Old September 4th 06, 05:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Sterdog

Hi Richard,
The reason I ask is I am considering a distributorship with a company
selling video email. One nay sayer had this to say on craigslist.org

"Reply to:
Date: 2006-09-03, 10:46AM PDT

If anyone is working for helloworld, get a beta copy of Vista(microsoft new
os) and use the free video e-mail (yes it even opens by itself) and try the
video confrenceing software. Then give me your responce. Please do not
respond unless you try Vista first, then you will understand why you can not
sell open code video e-mail sofeware."

Is there any validity to this claim?