Vista Banter

-   -   Installing Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 (http://www.vistabanter.com/102447-installing-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html)

ADH January 29th 08 09:53 PM

Installing Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Running Vista Ultimate, had tried to install Logitech Pro 3000 cam. Not able
to do so, bought Microsoft LifecamVX-3000 which is supposed to be Vista
certified. Inserted the installation disc as instructions and was told that
it was not compatible with Vista. Link to Microsoft where an updated file was
available. Downloaded and installed and plugged in USB connector for the Cam
as instructed. Plug and Play now pops up and tells me that it is not
certified. Another box comes up telling me that it is finished. Close the
Plug and Play dialog box. and the another box tells me that installation has
failed and underneath thia I get, Installation was successfull. Am not able
to use it because Cam has not been detected.
Need help.
--
ADH

Gilles Pion January 29th 08 11:29 PM

Installing Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Ref: de ADH

Link to Microsoft where an updated file was
available. Downloaded and installed and plugged in USB connector for the Cam
as instructed. Plug and Play now pops up and tells me that it is not
certified.

Are you sure you installed *this* update (LifeCam 1.4 32-bit and 64-bit for
Windows Vista):

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yuq2md
--
Gilles "Cool Raoul" - http://coolraoul.cvp-net.com/

ADH January 30th 08 01:55 AM

Installing Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Tried again with the file that was shown LC 14.exe. Started install, install
complete, told to insert USB connector to connect cam. Inserted USB
Connector, Plug and Play dialog box comes up and installs software. Told to
insert USB Connector again. Window comes up with, Device Driver Software was
not successfully installed. Please consult with your Device Manufacturer for
assisstancegetting the device installed. Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Failed
Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Ready to use.
When you start LifeCam there is not device recognised.
--
ADH

Ref: de ADH

ADH January 30th 08 04:58 PM

Installing Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Solved the puzzle by going to Logtech and downloading the software for
QuichCam Pro 3000, qc1150.exe. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Thanks .
--
ADH

"ADH" wrote:

Tried again with the file that was shown LC 14.exe. Started install, install
complete, told to insert USB connector to connect cam. Inserted USB
Connector, Plug and Play dialog box comes up and installs software. Told to
insert USB Connector again. Window comes up with, Device Driver Software was
not successfully installed. Please consult with your Device Manufacturer for
assisstancegetting the device installed. Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Failed
Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Ready to use.
When you start LifeCam there is not device recognised.
--
ADH

Ref: de ADH

Ton October 21st 08 06:39 AM

Installing Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Hi ADH!

Can you post the download link of this software because i cannot find it on
the Logitech website. Can i use this driver for the NX-3000 as well?

Thanks,

Ton.

"ADH" wrote:

Tried again with the file that was shown LC 14.exe. Started install, install
complete, told to insert USB connector to connect cam. Inserted USB
Connector, Plug and Play dialog box comes up and installs software. Told to
insert USB Connector again. Window comes up with, Device Driver Software was
not successfully installed. Please consult with your Device Manufacturer for
assisstancegetting the device installed. Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Failed
Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Ready to use.
When you start LifeCam there is not device recognised.
--
ADH

Ref: de ADH