Vista will not show jpeg thumbnails, Help!!

Old January 30th 08, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Pinky

Default Vista will not show jpeg thumbnails, Help!!

None of my jpeg images show up in any folders, no thumbnails of them, but the
bitmat ones show. I have already went in and made sure the show icons instead
on thumnails was not checked, I've tried system restore, I've deleted the
iconcache folder so it would be rebuilt, I've changed the monitor from 32 to
16 and back to 32 again. And restarted everytime I tried something new. I
work in photoshop a lot, so it makes it really hard when you go to open a
picture and there's no thumbnails in the folder, any folder. All of my
pictures are now just plain ol icons. I've tried everything that I know to
do. This is delaying me in a lot of work.
Could someone please please help me.
I would appreciate any and all feedback asap.
Thanks!!!!
Old February 17th 08, 11:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
2NYCE

Im having the same problem. Can anyone help?

--
2NYCE
Old February 17th 08, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
2NYCE[_2_]

dbknox;616229 Wrote:
I actually use "large icons" in the view and this gives me a
"thunbnails" view of my jpg files.

thanks for your reply

unfortunately that method does not work for me

also, my files do not end with .jpeg, .gif, .avi, .wmv etc when viewing
as thumbnails

--
2NYCE
Old February 17th 08, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_16_]

unfortunately that method does not work for me

also, my files do not end with .jpeg, .gif, .avi, .wmv etc when viewing
as thumbnails

If I am understanding you correctly you do not see the file extensions
in your folders. If this is the case, open the folder, click on "tools'
scroll down to " folder options" then click on the view tab in folder
options and uncheck
" hide extensions for known file types" then click on apply and ok. My
apoligies if you already are aware of this.
I am also wondering if you have "always show icons and never thumnails"
checked in the above mentioned folder options.
Good luck.
Let us know how you make out.

--
dbknox
Old February 17th 08, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
2NYCE[_3_]

dbknox;616535 Wrote:
unfortunately that method does not work for me

also, my files do not end with .jpeg, .gif, .avi, .wmv etc when viewing
as thumbnails

If I am understanding you correctly you do not see the file
extensions in your folders. If this is the case, open the folder,
click on "tools' scroll down to " folder options" then click on the
view tab in folder options and uncheck
" hide extensions for known file types" then click on apply and ok.
My apoligies if you already are aware of this.
I am also wondering if you have "always show icons and never
thumnails" checked in the above mentioned folder options.
Good luck.
Let us know how you make out.

yes I have done that as well

I believe its a registry issue:

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...stryissue.jpg]

how do I fix this?

thank you for your assistance

--
2NYCE
Old February 18th 08, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
2NYCE[_4_]

nothing has worked

--
2NYCE
Old February 18th 08, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_17_]

A few things to try first. Open folder options....mine are set under the
general tab , "show preview and filters" and not the "classic windows".
Take a read at this site below for more help such as resetting the
folder options and resetting the registry keys. ( Don't forget to set a
system restore point). If you go this route.
'Delete and Reset Windows Vista Folder Views or Folder Types Settings
to Default Clean State » My Digital Life'
(http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...t-clean-state/)
It seems you are not alone with this problem so if you do get anything
to work let us know, you will no doubt make someone else's day.
Good luck!

--
dbknox
Old February 18th 08, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Pinky

Well, just to let ya know, I tried everything, and I mean everything that I
could find to do, and that was a lot. And nothing worked, so, I wound up
having to restore my computer back to the factory settings. It was easy, but
I had to back up all my stuff, and I put it all on disk, then did the
restore.
I tried the system restore and it never worked, but with the work that I do
I have to have those thumbnails, some might think it's crazy to restore all
the way back to factory settings for thumbnails, but I had to. And, now it
works perfectly. I don't know what caused it, but I hope it never happens
again.

Sorry, I couldnt help you.

Old February 18th 08, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
2NYCE[_5_]

OMG!! My thumbnails are back

I dont know what exactly what I did (I did a whole bunch of stuff lol)

it was probably the regedit method that was just mentioned

thanks guys!!!!!!!

--
2NYCE
Old February 19th 08, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_18_]

Good for you!!

--
dbknox