Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 & Adobe Premiere Elements 4

Old May 2nd 08, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
RDeFilippi

Default Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 & Adobe Premiere Elements 4

I have been looking for a work-around for this problem and Adobe was of
no help. How you ever found this solution is just amazing. I followed
your directions "davey" and it worked perfectly. I have Vista Ultimate
64 with SP 1 and I thought I just lost a lot of money after bying these
programs. Again, thanks so much!

--
RDeFilippi
Old May 10th 08, 07:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
davey_griffo[_2_]

Glad to be of help. Thanks for your kind words.

In answer to your quastion, after 8 hours on-line, spread over 2 days. It
was a headache I thought I could help others to avoid.

Old May 28th 08, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Dcat

"RDeFilippi" wrote:

I have been looking for a work-around for this problem and Adobe was

of
no help. How you ever found this solution is just amazing. I followed
your directions "davey" and it worked perfectly. I have Vista

Ultimate
64 with SP 1 and I thought I just lost a lot of money after bying

these
programs. Again, thanks so much!

--
RDeFilippi

Gents -- with my new Vista x64 machine I'm narrowing my choices down
for video and photo editing software. I'm partial to Adobe Photoshop
Elements (v.4 on old XP machine) and have dabbled with Premiere Elements
v.2 a few years ago on the same XP box. So I'm really wanting for the
Adobe Package of Premiere 4.0 and PE 6.0 to work reliably on this new
computer.

1. With the Davey's fix, do you both feel they are stable and run well
(albeit in 32-bit mode)?

2. Are you happy with the Premiere 4.0 (more subjective question, I
know)? I want to occasionally create/edit 30-45+ minute videos, so
stability and function are paramount.

Any other comments from your experience will be much appreciated. Any
other info resources about product on Vista will also be welcomed.
Sure hope Adobe & others will release true x64 versions in near future.

Thanks.

--
Dcat
Old November 11th 08, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
bryanlonski

Jorge131;592333 Wrote:
Has anybody found any problem with this package in Windows Vista?

Thanks for your comments
--
JFJust spent a lot of time trying to get Photoshop elements 6 to work on

vista 64 - after many hours and calling technical support at adobe I was
informed that Photoshop Elements 6 will not work on Vista 64. He said
according to the manual in front of him, it works on vista 32 but not
vista 64. Sorry there is nothing we can do to help. Maybe someone other
than us has figured out a solution. Bryan Lonski November 08

--
bryanlonski
Old December 18th 08, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
susan126

Hi,
I had the same problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 1521 with Photoshop
elements 6 installed on it. Up until a day ago it was running just
fine. But this morning when I tried to open elements I got the message
"Licensing for this product . . . "

So I called adobe tech support and spoke with this great tech guy. He
walked me through the fix. My elements is running fine once again.
Here is what he had me do:

Open by clicking on Start - Computer - C Drive -Program Files - Common
Files - Adobe - Adobe PCD - cache

Right click on cache and copy

open desktop and right click on desktop and click on paste.

Cache will appear on desktop and disappear from Adobe PCD folder.

Start adobe photoshop elements and you will get the registration
screen. Enter your serial number and then the program opens and your
are back in business!

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1521 running Vista Home Premium 32bit.

--
susan126
susan126's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/susan126.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 2nd 09, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
mooch

Maybe I'm just to tired, or I need my husband to do this.

I got a copy of Elements 6 in a scanner I bought so I know that its not
a 'legality' issue.

however, I have installed the patch (I think), I have been running as
administrator and it still doesn't work....

I have had really bad luck getting any Photoshop product to work on my
laptop HP 64 Bit Vista Machine.

Anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

i don't get any kind of error message, it just doesn't open (but the
picture downloader works perfectly).
Mooch

--
mooch
mooch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/140377.htm

Old January 1st 10, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
jcs_one

Thanks for your help.

InstAS.exe in Adobe Acrobat 8 licencing service update (Windows Vista
only) 486KB seemed to fix Photoshop not opening in Vista but these are
the steps I had to go through before I got it to work:

1) Ran InstAS.exe in CMD window and it showed 'anchor service' and took
about 3 to 4 minutes but got error 'Alm error code: 0x91 (145)'
(Photoshop wouldn't open)
2) Stopped process FNPLicensingservice in Task ManagerProcessesShow
processes from all users (as per
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3750)
3) Ran InstAS.exe from Explorer and it showed 'anchor service' and took
about 3 to 4 minutes and didn't give error (Photoshop wouldn't open)
4) Uninstalled Adobe Reader 9
5) Unisntalled Photoshop Elements 6
6) Installed Photoshop Elements 6 (Photoshop wouldn't open)
7) Installed Adobe Reader 8 that came with Photoshop (Photoshop
wouldn't open)
8) Installed Adobe Reader 8 updates from HelpCheck for Updates...
(Photoshop wouldn't open)
9) Stopped process FNPLicensingservice in Task ManagerProcessesShow
processes from all users
10) Ran InstAS.exe from Explorer and it ran really quickly

Photoshop now started and I could enter product code and open the
application.

I now get a Vista error when I shutdown Photoshop but I think the
application is working.

Not sure yet if it will work when Adobe Reader 9 is installed.

--
jcs_one
jcs_one's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169762.htm

Old January 30th 10, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
roberthorrg

The only way I can get it to Run on Vista is by turning OFF the Wireless
Broadcast switch on my HP dv9800 which is just 18 months old and then it
works great. Also have it on the network with a Dell XP(5yrs old) and
it works without shutting the Wireless off.

davey_griffo;592528 Wrote:
Yeah. I just installed Elements 6, & it won't run. No explanations/error
messages, nothing happens.

Oddly, when I looked in task manager, it doesn't appear as an
application,
but does appear in processes. You can open it as many times as you
like, &
each time it has a different size.

I've tried running it as administrator, with the tick in the box, on a
minimal system (disabled allsorts in msconfig), & even enabled the
hidden
administrator account, but it still did the same.

The only time anything else happened, was when I ran it in safe mode, &
got
this error message:

Licensing for this product has stopped working.
You cannot use it at this time. You must repair by uninstalling &
re-installing, or contacting your IT admin or Adobe customer support.

Still waiting for a reply from Adobe, but from what I've seen in other
forums, they're not much help.

I've also seen reviews on Amazon's web site, from other usrs who've had
it
running. Some without problem, others have to re-install a lot. It
doesn't
seem terribly stable on Vista...another reason to go back to XP??!?

--
roberthorrg