Windows mobile device center won't sync with ipaq

Old February 2nd 08, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pamc

Default Windows mobile device center won't sync with ipaq

Vista recognizes my device and I can browse the contents of my device.
But it won't sync - When I try to sync it says "There is a problem with
your connections. Please disconnect and reconnect your device and try
again"
I have done that many times in addition to reinstalling the Device
Center and rebooting.

my ipaq is "ancient" by today's standards - it's OS is Windows CE 4.2
but there is a sticker on it that says Pocket PC 2003 Prem. w/ Outlook
2002 and a serial #.

Any thoughts?

--
pamc
Old February 3rd 08, 12:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
V Green

Same problem with Toshiba e750 running same OS.

WMDC is a piece of dung compared to ActiveSync.

(actually, I'm not being screwed by Vista anymore - I upgraded
to XP Pro and everything is now fine).

news

Old February 23rd 08, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brad Miter

If CE 4.2 is WM2003 then it also must be WM2003 SE2 (patch level)
Brad

Old February 23rd 08, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pamc[_2_]

I also thought that CE 4.2 was the same as Windows Mobile 2003 but I
guess it's different. I haven't found anywhere that I can upgrade to CE
5.0. According to Microsoft I should be able to connect using Windows
Mobile but can only browse my device. What good is that?
Brad, where can I find the patch that you mentioned?
Pam

--
pamc
Old January 17th 09, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NavXman

My problem was with a iPaq 4155 that I've had for years, was syncing
with WMDC on Vistax64 fine, then just stopped. I tried just about
everything (restore, hard resets, all the web help TS guides), then I
simple manually updated the drive in device manager and choose a older
driver. Auto Update kept pushing me to a HP USB Sync 1651 (wouldn't
even install correctly), I finally settled on HP USB Sync 1631, works
fine now! I hid the Auto Update request that pops up when I plug my
iPaq in until I'm sure the new updated driver is actually going to
work.

I hope this helps somebody before they pull out all their hair....

--
NavXman
Old February 10th 09, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NavXman

This update is for fmh1000, hope it helps:

Dock your iPaq and after the failed attempt to sync, navigate your way
to the "Device Manager".

-StartControl PanelHardware and SoundDevice Manager You should see a
caution symbol on a "Unknown Device" that is suspected to be the iPaq.

-right click on the device
-select "Update Software Driver..."
-select "Browse my computer for driver software"
-select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
-un-check the box labeled "Show compatible hardware"
-select "HP" in the Manufacturer window
-select "HP USB Sync 1631 (Microsoft)" in the Model window. (I had
three to choose from and I don't think it matters which one you select).
If the driver is not listed you can search online for " Windows Vista HP
USB Sync 1631 3.7.1.3244 driver" and download.
-click on "Next"
-acknowledge the warning by clicking "Yes"

After the driver loads, it may fix the problem. It worked for me!

--
NavXman