Vista Banter

-   -   "take no action when this device is plugged in" (http://www.vistabanter.com/103783-take-no-action-when-device-plugged.html)

getsbaked February 4th 08 11:20 PM

"take no action when this device is plugged in"

So I accidentally clicked the take no action button on auto play when I
plugged my ipod in and now it will not show up on my computer or anything
when I plug it in to my computer. I am running Windows Vista and have looked
into my auto play settings and have not found a solution, my ipod does not
show up in my computer either, it works fine on my laptop and I have tried it
in every USB port on my comp so nothing is broken.

Rick Rogers February 5th 08 02:12 AM

"take no action when this device is plugged in"

Hi,

Connect the player, then click start and type "autoplay" (without the
quotes) into the search line. Hit enter, then scroll to the bottom of the
resulting dialog box. You should see your device listed here and be able to
change the settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

getsbaked February 5th 08 04:49 AM

"take no action when this device is plugged in"

I tried that and my ipod was not listed under where it should be in the auto
play settings. =/

Rick Rogers February 5th 08 10:12 AM

"take no action when this device is plugged in"

Hi,

Do you see it attached in Device Manager?

getsbaked February 6th 08 02:12 AM

"take no action when this device is plugged in"

yes my Ipod is listed under device manager, but is not listed under autoplay
devices, the Ipod still does nothing when it is plugged in except charge
itself, however it works on other computers fine.

Rick Rogers February 6th 08 02:52 AM

"take no action when this device is plugged in"

Hi,

Good, at least it's being recognized and detected properly. If it shows as a
removable drivee in Windows Explorer then right click it and check
properties. See what options you have here.