Old February 8th 07, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bp

Default Any solutions To Dvd writers not being recognized

well what was the "tweak"?

"Kevin Spencer" wrote:

Your post saved my life, or at least a day of it, Rick. I have been having
some of the same issues, and after reading your post I looked at my BIOS
setup, specifically, IDE. I tweaked it, and the OS picked up the DVD RW
capabilities of my Lite-On DVDRW SHW-160P6S drive. No other tweaking
necessary.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Bit Player
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

Where there's a Will, there's a William.

"Rick Rogers" wrote in message
Hi,

Just a thought, but with 4 different drives not working, I would suspect
not the drives but the IDE controller or motherboard having a
compatibility problem with Vista.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bcs4" wrote in message
As I have previously read and posted there seems to be numerous problems
many dvdwriters not being recognized or appearing in device manager as
non
functioning. I have 4 different dvdwriters that I have installed on a
vista
based pc and none of them work i have updated all firmware and been told
by
the manufactures that they should work. But alas all of them get code 39
errors when installed . As we get closer to release date I keep looking
for
solutions but none seem to appear only more identical problems as I have
encountered anyone know if Microsoft is working on a solution for this
problem? Luckily I have another box running xp pro so i am still able to
burn
but as to installing anything new on the vista pc i am at a standstill
without functioning cd-roms. Please any response would be greatly
appreciated
Stuck in limbo