64-bit Proview PL926W drivers?

Old February 7th 08, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MartinP

Default 64-bit Proview PL926W drivers?

Anyone out there have 64-bit Proview PL926Wbi drivers?
Old February 7th 08, 03:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

It appears that the only driver available is the one at
http://www.proview.net/Support/Download_DR.aspx?sn=429

Old February 7th 08, 05:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MartinP

That driver package is 32-bit only, unfortunately.

Old February 7th 08, 05:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

If there is not a Vista 64bit signed driver you may be out of luck on this
one. What do the support folks at the manufacturer say about Vista support?

Old February 20th 08, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Oxendine9381

driver but I F O U N D A W O R K A R O U N D .
I had a problem with the same monitor on a Windows XP x64 machine.
What I did was leave the plug and play driver installed for the monitor
and loaded the color management profile for the monitor. It comes with
the 32 bit drivers of the PL926WBi monitor.
I got all my resolutions back.
Here's what you do.

Vista Users:
1) goto control panel
2) click appearance and personalization
3) click personalization
4) click display settings
5) click advanced settings
6) goto the color management tab and click the color management button
7) under the device, check the box that says "use my settings for this
device". The add button is now selectable.
8) click the add button
9) click on the browse button.
10) goto the directory of the extracted files
11) change the files of type setting to ICC Profiles
12) select the file 926w and click add
13) now highlight it and set it to default.
and that should be it.

Windows XP x64 users:
1) open the control panel
2) open display
3) click on the settings tab
4) click advanced
5) click the color management tab and click add
6) goto the directory where you extracted the files and select 926w
then click add
7) now set it to default and click apply.

And you are all done...you should be able to change your resolutions as
you please...I hope this helps all of you out

--
Oxendine9381
Old February 21st 08, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Oxendine9381[_3_]

I also just figured out another way to get the drivers to load a couple
hours ago. The INF file can be edited so the drivers are readable by a
64 bit operating system. It sounds complicated but infact it is very
easy.

change this:

; Manufacturers
;-------------------------------------------------
[Manufacturer]
%PROVIEW%=PROVIEW

to this:

; Manufacturers
;-------------------------------------------------
[Manufacturer]
%PROVIEW%=PROVIEW,NTamd64

and the following under it from this:

[PROVIEW]

to this:

[PROVIEW.NTamd64]

Thats it. The INF file is now readable by the 64 bit operating system.
I was able to update the driver from the device manager in system
properties.

Have fun

--
Oxendine9381