Old February 8th 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugh Wyn Griffith

Default "Battery not detected" says Vista, I don't agree

Then it sounds as if you need VISTA compatible utility files from the
laptop manufacturer. In general it is a mistake to update the OS on a
laptop until the new one has been available for a good period of time
and you know that all the files you need are there.

I suggest you check in the COmpuserve forum I told you about but give
them the make and model of laptop, what OS it came with, what version
of VISTA you have now and what country the laptop was purchased in.