How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan

Old March 21st 08, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
schnooks

Default How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan

to many sites on bvrp i hae a motorola sm56 data fax and am running vista
home which site do i download from thanks

"Bob F." wrote:

FAX not available in Vista Home Basic Premium. It is available in Ultimate,
Extreme and Business.

You might consider Snappy Fax at a slight cost:
http://www.snappysoftware.com/

or the Free version from BVRP:
http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp

or a full BVRP Classic Phone Tools 9: $29.90
http://www.shop.avanquest.com/usa/pr...S_CPT_homepage

I’ve used all of these. Snappy fax screen look a bit crude but the product
actually is fairly feature rich and works fine. BVRP also works fine,
screen looks a little better. Other than that, there are minor differences
in performance between the two.

--
Regards, BobF.
"Art S" Art wrote in message
I thought finally I would get myself A NEW laptop.So instead of a Mac which
have always I had I figured I would give Windows a chance. So I have a
Vista
laptop. I looked for the faxing software to send a fax and thought I was
going crazy. Windows was able to in the past. They don't have fax on
Vista.
What in the world are they thinking? With all the problems I have heard
about
it. I am sorry I went to Microsoft. I think instead of going backwards
they
should go forwards. retain an obvious useful function. Common sense is
that
it should still be on the machine.
Art

"Bob F." wrote:

"fedupon friday" fedupon
wrote in
message
what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
vista -
instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???

"Boris" wrote:

Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
How
can I download or what file is it on the software?

By the way, my new email address is:

No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since
it's
not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling
offerings.

--
BobF.

Old May 23rd 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
lunate

...Well that's just weird...

I use Vista Business (32-bit) at work... There's no Fax and Scan.

...Furthermore...

I use Vista Business (64-bit) at home... There's no Fax and Scan there
EITHER.

--
lunate
lunate's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50185

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 23rd 08, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Peter

Are you sure it's Vista Business and not Vista Enterprise? It can be
installed as an optional component on Enterprise.

To quote Microsoft:

"Windows Fax and Scan is on the main All Programs menu of the Windows Vista
Business and Windows Vista Ultimate editions. It can be installed as an
optional component in Windows Vista Enterprise. Windows Fax and Scan enables
you to perform all faxing and scanning tasks and manage all of your faxes
and scanned documents from one location."

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old June 9th 08, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
F[_2_]

How sad is this Bob?

I am unable to print .tif documents properly - received through an e-fax
service on my brand new Laptop with Vista Premium on.

I do not care to be able to fax because it is not cost effective anyway. I
live in South Africa and find the additional cost to buy (In $'s) a
functionality that I have paid for in the past alarming and to be frank -
dishonest. I do not refer to support for Fax Viewer but I dit pay for the
actual software when I bought XP.

The term "bundling offerings" is just a smart word to disguise the simple
principle of stealing from people who does not have the resources to take on
a giant company like Microsoft. I believe that one day Microsoft will reap
what they are sowing.

Old May 1st 10, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
laralara

how to use pc fax on vista home pre

--
laralara
Old May 1st 10, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
laralara

Old May 3rd 10, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom Lake[_2_]

"laralara" wrote in message

how to use pc fax on vista home pre

You have to buy non-Microsoft fax software to do that in
Home versions.

Tom Lake