Nforce Networking Controller... Code 10

Old February 10th 08, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
CMOS

Default Nforce Networking Controller... Code 10

I bought a F755US laptop sometime last month. I tried to connect to my home
network I get nothing... no activity lights, no message saying anything is
unplugged, nothing. I check device manager and I have a yellow exclamation
mark and says "The device cannot start. (Code 10)" Vista says the media is
disconnected and to plug in the cable.

I thought I would try USB adapter so I plug in a USB to Ethernet adapter
which installs fine but still won't give me an any internet connectivity. I
get no lights indicating connectivity and Vista says the media is
disconnected.

I've tried a variety of drivers to no avail.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how it can be corrected?
Thanks.
Old February 11th 08, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
My guess is that the Network card is not functioning.
May be it needs to be switched On in the BIOS, may be it needs
reinstallation of the Drivers.
Read the Laptop's manual and make sure that LAN is On.
Then look at Vista's Device Manger and make sure that the Network Card shows
as a valid configured hardware entry.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#ghost (the screen shot is taken from XP but
the principle applies to Vista too).
Jack (MVP-Networking).

Old February 11th 08, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
CMOS

No, the onboard network card is not functioning.

There is no setting in the BIOS in relation to onbard LAN.

I've tried every known driver in the land and have been unsuccessful.

Device Manager shows what I posted: a yellow exclamation next to nVidia
nForce networking controller. Properties indicates "This device cannot
start. Code 10"

Old February 11th 08, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Dwarf

Hi CMOS,

First of all, according to the HP webpage for your laptop, the network
driver required is 'Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Driver' (link given
below). You need to download and save this to a suitable location on your
machine. Since you have no network access from your machine, you will have to
do this on another machine with access and then copy the file to this
machine. According to the 'Windows Vista Administrator's Pocket Consultant',
Code 10, as you rightly state, means 'This device cannot start'. The
corrective action is as follows: 'Click the Update Driver button on the
Driver tab to run the Hardware Update Wizzard. Don't try to automatically
find a driver. Instead, choose the manual install option and select the
device'.
Dwarf

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

Old February 11th 08, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
CMOS

I am having no problem with my wireless connection. It is the onboard wired
ethernet connection. I've downloaded the drivers off the COMPAQ site. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled over and over. I've downloaded drivers from
nVidia. I've tried legacy drivers. There is nothing in the BIOS pertaining
to the onboard LAN and I'm updated to the latest BIOS.

Old February 12th 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
CMOS

BUMP
Old January 10th 10, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
mike.L

im having the same exact problem!! i unistalled the nforce where im
getting the exclamation mark and the code 10 error and tried
reinstalling the drive from nvidia and its not working.....any ideas????

--
mike.L
mike.L's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172847.htm

http://forums.techarena.in