how do I find a file opened from an email and saved to a temporary

Old February 13th 08, 03:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
ssss

Default how do I find a file opened from an email and saved to a temporary

I downloaded a file from an email. I did not save it, I just opened it and
commenced to working on the file. I then saved it using the save icon. I
wasn't promted to "save as", so I assumed it went to a temporary location as
files did in previous version. (I am working in Vista.) Well when I
searched for the file, it was nowhere to be found. I have tried everything I
could think of, and read a lot of the discussions. but still I haven't been
able to retrieve my file. Some said that the temporary files were deleted
automatically. Surely they are somewhere in this computer. Can any one tell
me what to do to retrieve my files. Surely if I saved them, they are still
in the computer.
ss
Old February 14th 08, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
DP

Have you tried going to that same email (if you havent deleted) and calling
up the attached document?
That might work as long as you do it on the same computer you were using
when you first worked on the doc and saved it. Not saying it will work, but
worth a try.

Old February 14th 08, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
mikeyhsd[_2_]

using EXPLORER, attempt a search fo rthe file.
if/when it fails, click on the ADVANCED SEARCHE option and use the DATE search to scan the computer for files created/edited on that date.

be advised if you do not have the whole disk indexed it still might not find it.

Old February 18th 08, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
ssss

Default how do I find a file opened from an email and saved to a tempo

Thanks for your suggestions, but I have tried both of these things. I had
made changes to the file that i was working on, so I really want to find that
file in my computer. any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
--
ss

Old February 20th 08, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
lnicolei

C:\Users\{YOUR LOGIN NAME}\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet
Files\Low\Content.IE5

Try that. I just had that happen to me. Let me know if it works.

--
lnicolei