Slow SD read and write

Old February 14th 08, 01:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cybergoobr

Default Slow SD read and write

I have a 15-1 memory card reader on and HP M7330N. Since I upgraded to
Ultimate 64bit, the SD card reader is extremely slow reading or writing. I
have tried several different sizes and brands with no change. Any ideas?? I
hear there is a hotfix for this issue, but I have yet to find it. WHen I try
to find a new driver..vista says the best one is already installed..UGH!
Old February 17th 08, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Snacko

I might be sounding sorta dumb here, but I'd check to see if you have a
USB1.0 device going into a 2.0 slot or vice versa.

I don't have 64-bit, but since nobody else has posted to you I would try
these troubleshooting steps.

-Research 64-bit USB issues. There may be a firmware issue with your reader
that can only be resolved with a patch or with new equipment. Luckily,
readers are cheap compared with other components.

-Try a USB port elsewhere on the PC. Not the one next to the one you're
using now, but following a different bus. Some PC's have ports on the top of
the box, 4 side-by-side and another 2 or 4 below it, etc. And if your
monitor has a USB extendor, you can try using that. If the problem goes
away, your issue is with that set of ports. Vista is still buggy, so pure
logic doesn't always apply. What worked yesterday might work a little
differently today. Good luck.

Old February 17th 08, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Scan the list of updates and hotfixes that are included in SP1. It will
take a few minutes, but the hotfix should be there. The table includes
links to the hotfixes themselves.
http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true