Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Dungeon Keeper incompatible with Vista?

Old February 17th 10, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
2Manyprobs

Default Dungeon Keeper incompatible with Vista?

Dungeon Keeper is one of my favorite games..i cant get it 2 work on my
vista or my old computer (2003 XP no internet connection for that
anymore) dungeon keeper 2 works on my vista but it SUCKS! i want dungeon
keeper 1 to work and VRG has removed dungeon keeper 1 someone help me!

--
2Manyprobs
Old March 6th 10, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
dommyuk

I probably should've posted my solution in this thread instead of the
other one, but here we go: I think I've fixed it, or atleast it has for
me, you'll need the Application Compatability Toolkit. You may have
noticed that none of the 'fixes' it already has works for it, so you'll
need to make your own. Click the Fix button and fill out the name and
the destination of the executable. You'll want Keeper95 or Deeper95 if
you want Deeper Dungeons and select next. Now you'll be at the
compatability screen, select none and then next. Now you'll be at the
Compatability Fixes section, scroll down to find
'ForceDirectDrawEmulation' and activate it. Now use the Test Run button
and the game should run, but the colors might be all messed up. Exit the
game and click next and finish on the next screen. If the colours were
all screwed up, find the Dungeon Keeper or Deeper Dungeons executable
and right click on it and select properties. Go to the compatability tab
and turn on 'Run in 256 colours' and 'Run at 640x480 screen resolution'.
Then go back into the Application Compatability toolkit and select the
fix you previously created then click run and it should work. Only
problem I have is the map and 'after mission' score scrolls to fast, so
you may need CPUkiller or something similar. If it still doesn't work
turn on XP SP2 compatability, which may fix it.

--
dommyuk
Old March 30th 10, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
js46335

' AMV Converter' (http://www.amv-converter.net/) is an easy to use video
to AMV converter and video to MTV converter software that help you
convert any video to AMV or MTV file with excellent video and audio
quality.
' AMV Video Converter'
(http://www.amv-converter.net/amv-video-converter.html) was developed
for helping you to convert the video to AMV file format which can be
played by some MP3 or MP4 Players. Support .amv and .mtv format. The AMV
files converter also support you convert AMV videos to other video
format.
' AMV Media Converter'
(http://www.amv-converter.net/amv-media-converter.html) and ' AMV Movie
Converter' (http://www.amv-converter.net/amv-movie-converter.html) are
both perfect AMV Converter for everyone to have a try.

--
js46335