can i rotate a video clip like a picture?

Old February 15th 08, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Jordan

Default can i rotate a video clip like a picture?

i took footage using a digital camera, on its side like a "portrait view"
using the movie setting and want to edit it using windows movie maker, but
cant work out how to get the image vertical. ie: i want to rotate the image
90 degrees clockwise- just like a photo. can it be done?
i'm using the latest movie-maker with vista basic.

Old July 20th 08, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
clsdee

Man, I am having a heck of a time getting my problem solved - every question
I find about rotating a clip or movie doesn't work for me because I have
Vista and I even went into the Vista discussion boards! Argh.
When I hit effects, I get a bunch of orange flower pics that demonstrate the
effects - if I drag the Rotate 180 over to my clip (which has imported UPSIDE
DOWN!), the viewer changes to the flower!
What in the world are folks talking about with these instructions??? What
am I missing here?

Old July 20th 08, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

clsdee wrote:
Man, I am having a heck of a time getting my problem solved - every
question I find about rotating a clip or movie doesn't work for me
because I have Vista and I even went into the Vista discussion
boards! Argh.
When I hit effects, I get a bunch of orange flower pics that
demonstrate the effects - if I drag the Rotate 180 over to my clip
(which has imported UPSIDE DOWN!), the viewer changes to the flower!
What in the world are folks talking about with these instructions???
What am I missing here?

After adding the effect...just left click
a clip on the timeline to regain focus.

Don't be afraid to experiment with the
various components of the program.

--