Outlook 2007 not indexing files

Old February 16th 08, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
AutoBarn

Default Outlook 2007 not indexing files

Hi there,

I have a problem within Outlook 2007 when ever I try and search through my
emails.

Whenever I perform a search of any of my mail folders, I get no results and
a message saying 'Search results may be incomplete because items are still
being indexed. Click here for more details'.

When I click for more details, I receive a message saying 'Outlook is
currently indexing your items'. And telling me that 7695 items are reminaing
in personal folders, and 17987 items are remaining across all open mailboxes.

The problem is that this number never goes down, and has been like this ever
since I started using the program. Could it be that the indexing is stuck
somehow?

I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Many thanks in advance,

Barnaby Legg

Old February 16th 08, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave[_15_]

"AutoBarn" wrote in message
[...]

Check Control Panel/Indexing Options make sure Outlook indexing options
are enabled via the Advanced options.

Report back

Old February 16th 08, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
AutoBarn

Check Control Panel/Indexing Options make sure Outlook indexing options
are enabled via the Advanced options.

Report back

Yes, have checked that... everything seems fine
Old February 16th 08, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
AutoBarn

Fine with the indexing options that is! Still has not fixed the problem in
Outlook...
Old February 20th 08, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tom ferguson

Use the Outlook data file scan and fix programme. When the scan is complete,
try the search again.
Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at:
drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

Old February 20th 08, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
AutoBarn

Okay... have just repaired my data files using SCANPST.EXE, re-opened
Outlook, and same problem, I'm afraid: search finds no results, with the
message that Outlook is still indexing items.

Old February 20th 08, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tom ferguson

Under search options, where is it set to search?

--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

Old February 20th 08, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
AutoBarn

Under Search options, I have the following set:

'Indexing' section shows all relevant data files ticked. I also have a tick
in the box marked 'Prompt me when search results may be incomplete'.

Search shows ticks in 'display search results as I type,' 'make searches
faster by limiting the number of results shown' and 'highlight the word that
i search for'

Deleted items is not ticked.

Instant Search Pane is set to 'Only the currently selected folder'.

Old March 31st 08, 11:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
krykstar

"AutoBarn" wrote in message
[...]

Is there a solution to this? Outlook searched my contacts just fine until one day it just stopped and now gives me the same results noted above.

Thanks

Krykstar