nForce 570 / Vista Beta 2 / Limited Connectivity

Old August 31st 06, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
scooby464

Default nForce 570 / Vista Beta 2 / Limited Connectivity

I had the same problem with my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe board.....no
matter what I did...always got limited or no connectivity......I went
from my Vista x64 to the Vista x86 Beta 2 build 5384 (as I have both
discs), and without any problems.....everything connects
fine......even got the wireless Realtek 8187L adapter to work in x86.

My advice......don’t use x64....seems to be too many problem.....so
far the x86 is working perfectly......

"NetAdminSki" wrote:
Hi all,

I have the M2N-SLI Deluxe MoBo as well... A couple questions:

Did you have to install bare?

Which Nvidia SATA/Raid drivers worked for you?

I get to the point where I can add a driver, but it rejects
everything I
give it. I've tried the 2003x64 drivers from Asus, and the
Vista x64 Beta
drivers from Nvidia.

Thanks,

ski

"MediocreGuy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with Vista on a new machine I've just

built. The board I
have uses the nForce 570 Chipset (Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe),

which has the nVidia
Networking Controllers built in. Vista supplies these

drivers, but on
install, I recieve a Limited Connectivity message. The

system will not see
the router we have here, which was originally a Netgear

FVS318. I had tried
both network cards with no luck. I also tried disabling

IPv6, setting static
IPs and DNS info, disabling any firewall software on the

router and on the
PC, and nothing has helped. I figured it was a bad router,

so I purchased a
Netgear WGR614 and updated the firmware (and disabled the

SPI Firewall) and I
still have the same problem. I also have an SMC EZ Connect

USB adapter I use
at work for NIC problems, but Vista does not support it, and

it will not take
the XP drivers. I've used both the new and older releases of

nVidia's nforce
network drivers, with no luck there either. I've tried

statically assigning
an IP on the router for the machine, nothing. No packets

come back to the
card and only 100 or so are sent. I've checked the system

logs and nothing
abnormal appears. I'm at wits end to get this working, if

anyone knows
anything, please help!

Thank you.