HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone?

Old February 21st 08, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Default HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone?

None of the people I have been helping here for a while now have complained
and I do believe that in the specific case that he should have been well
aware of:

In article , Huwyngr wrote:

You did not say what version of VISTA you are using -- if it's 64bit all*
bets are off.

In article , Adams G.H. wrote:
*
Both the HP CD disc and download HP 5200C scanner drivers are for XP and*
will NOT install in Vista, with error during installation disc loading.

What does the error message say?

Old February 21st 08, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Adams G.H.

So, when you ask what version of Vista we are using, I answered Vista
Ultimate 32 bits.

You did not say what version of VISTA you are using -- if it's 64bit all
bets are off.

Vista Ultimate 32 bits with all updates to date.

Old February 21st 08, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Adams G.H.

So, when you ask what version of Vista we are using, I answered Vista
Ultimate 32 bits.

I do not know what you are crying out loud about.

You did not say what version of VISTA you are using -- if it's 64bit all
bets are off.

Vista Ultimate 32 bits with all updates to date.

For crying out loud -- will you please answer the questions you are
asked. We are all volunteers here and can do better things than ask the
same question again and again.

Read my message to you which repeats the question I asked earlier and
that was unanswered.

Old February 22nd 08, 11:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article , Adams G.H. wrote:

So, when you ask what version of Vista we are using, I answered Vista*
Ultimate 32 bits.

You did and I missed that.

I do not know what you are crying out loud about.

The other questions in my earlier message:

What does the error message say?

Have you tried what I indicated including after removing all traces of HP*
software and hardware on the drive and disconnecting the USB cable from the*
PC?

.... select Properties / Compatibility and on*that TAB check the box for*
Compatibility Mode XP with SP2 and then lower down*on that TAB check Run as*
Administrator

Old June 8th 09, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
milo2d

VueScan software that was found for scanner of older nature only has SJ
7400 so if you heard it will help then i have also tried it and have had
no results in getting the SJ 5200c working with vista 32 bit home

--
milo2d
Old January 16th 10, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
YZ1

SOLUTION:

THIS IS NOT A DRIVER PROBLEM. Boo Hiss to HP and their support staff
for not sharing this.

Download the XP driver and install it normally. Prior to plugging in
the scanner, open the HP Precision Scan Properties tab and open
"security" or "permissions". Edit the "everyone" permissions to allow
FULL CONTROL.

Save and reboot, then plug in scanner.

Here is a real nice presentation on a better way of doing this:

'How to get your HP Scanjet 5300c working in Windows Vista - Publishing
- Pixel2Life'
(http://www.pixel2life.com/publish/tu...ndow s_vista/)

I had adjusted each and every part of the utility. Pixel2Lifes
solution does it in one easy swoop. Nice job Pixel2Life.

Share this. It should work for a number of different HP scanners.
AGAIN, BOO HISS TO HP FOR NOT OFFERING THIS EEEEAAASSSY SOLUTION.

--
YZ1