Microsoft Comfort keyboard problem

Old February 24th 08, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie42[_2_]

Default Microsoft Comfort keyboard problem

Hi,

I have got a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000v.1.0 keyboard that causes a
peculiar problem. The keyboard is connected to an Acer Aspire 5102 by USB.
The box says 'Works with Vista'.

Funnily enough, the problem occurs when I unplug it (there is no Safe
Ejection option): The right side of the laptop's own keyboard then goes
haywire, displaying 1 for j's, 3 for l's, minus for p's and so on. All keys
from 8-u-j-m to (but not including) Enter display the wrong sign. The error
is permanent, plugging the USB keyboard back in does not solve the problem.

I have checked the hardware drivers, they seem OK and Control Panel reports
the keyboard status as working. Clearly it is not. The only remedy seems to
be System Restore. Needless to say this is something I do not intend to
spend time on every time I have used the USB keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Charlie42

Old February 24th 08, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_2_]

"Charlie42" wrote in message
[...]

There should be a 'function' (FN) key somewhere on the laptop keyboard that,
when pressed along with another key, will allow part of the laptop keyboard
to work as a number pad.

Your MS Curve keyboard is changing the setting when it is plugged in..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old February 24th 08, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie42[_2_]

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

will allow part of the laptop keyboard
to work as a number pad.

Your MS Curve keyboard is changing the setting when it is plugged in..

Thanks, Mike. Good ol' NumLock, I feel pretty dumb now. ;-)

Charlie42