Plugged In, Not Charging Battery

Old March 29th 09, 05:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tuckaroo115

Default Plugged In, Not Charging Battery

Had the same problem and I thought it was my puppy and kitten that have
been chewing on the power charger...[-_-] But that was not the case
because my computer only run when it was plugged in and cut off when
unplugged. After I desconnected the laptop, I took off the battery and
cleaned the teeth and put it back in and plugged it in, the problem was
gone. No more plugged in not charging. My battery might've been loose or
just drity from dust that it was not catching any power to charge and I
have had no problem after that. You can also try to restart your laptop
again while connected. Also it can happen if the laptop gets too hot,
try to get a cooling support table for laptops that should fix it too.
Hope it works. Good Luck!

--
Tuckaroo115
Old May 16th 09, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
darloma

I have the same problem, so I think I found an answer. It is the
recepticle into which the AC plug goes into the laptop. I was wiggling
it around a little today as the problem showed up. Have that little
thing checked. All other answeres that I have read are not actually
fixing the problem. Eventually people repost and say so. So, I think it
is just a faulty recepicle into which the AC plugs since today, every
time my battery light went out I could just fool a litttle with the AC,
and immediately worked. This problem goes back at least 2 years, covers
windows XP and Vista......Dell, Toshiba, HP and more. So, that is
another reason I have continued to look for that common denominater.

--
darloma
darloma's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/98809.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 22nd 09, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
efargher

Thanks for the info on the fix - unfortunately, my power plans do not
include "calibrate". I selected another one, unplugged my computer, then
restarted and changed to HP recommended. The battery still will not
charge. The icon looks like it is starting to charge when I first boot
up, but then stops after about 4 cycles. I have tried reinstalling the
driver, updating BIOS, taking out the battery while it is off and on,
changing out the power cord and about every other suggestion. My battery
tests good. What good is a laptop without a charged battery? Anyone else
have a suggestion, besides throwing it out a 12 story window?

--
efargher
Old May 22nd 09, 05:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
efargher

Wish that would work with mine. I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled
driver, taken battery out when both on and off, changed power cords, and
tried everything I have read in forums, etc. It started after MS SP2.
The power icon starts charging, but then stops, but the charge light
stays on. I have 0% power but the battery checks fine. I have even tried
another battery. Any other ideas?

--
efargher
Old May 22nd 09, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Does the laptop run fine when plugged into AC power using the power cord and
power brick with or without a battery installed?

Old May 22nd 09, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
efargher

Yes - everything else works fine.

--
efargher
Old May 22nd 09, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

How old is the Laptop/battery?
What to you mean when you say it test fine in another laptop, does it mean
that you were actually able to charge it and use it in another laptop?

Old May 22nd 09, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
efargher

The laptop is less than 2 years old. The battery is about 3 months old.
I tested another battery in the laptop and it had the same problem.

--
efargher
Old July 8th 09, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ecsem

Speaking of 'laptop battery online shop'
(http://www.discount-laptopbattery.com), i think 'laptopsbattery.us'
(http://laptopsbattery.us) '[image:
http://laptopsbattery.us/images/logo.gif]' (http://laptopsbattery.us) is
greater, cheap price, high quality. All batteries are brand new, non old
goods and inventories. Everybody knows it is not good for the battery to
stock for long time, but for this store, all the batteries are produce
within 3 days.

As far as UK concerned, they also have UK station,
'laptops-battery.co.uk' (http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk) '[image:
http://laptops-battery.co.uk/images/logo.gif]'
(http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk) , go and have a look..

--
ecsem
Old July 8th 09, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

ecsem wrote:

Speaking of 'laptop battery online shop'

Speaking of spam.... Reported.

Malke
--
MS-MVP