Vista Banter

-   -   Cannot access external hard drive (http://www.vistabanter.com/108826-cannot-access-external-hard-drive.html)

Bullet February 27th 08 11:09 PM

Cannot access external hard drive

had a laptop crash so i transfered laptop hard drive to an external enclosure
(USB 2.0) but now when I plug it into my desktop i get an error message g:/
is not accessible - parameter is incorrect (location not available).

any help
--
taz

Spirit February 28th 08 08:02 AM

Cannot access external hard drive

You may have more than one device claiming G:... look in Device Manager
and Disk Management.

http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...tter-in-vista/

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...ge-remove.html

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...windows-vista/

Terry March 19th 08 01:03 PM

Cannot access external hard drive

something to do with the electrical supply - battery doesn't charge even with
an ac power supply - a technician said that something (don't remember exactly
what) had burnt out

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

What crashed on the laptop?