PREVIEW HANDLER SURROGATE HOST

Old February 28th 08, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
JDB369

Default PREVIEW HANDLER SURROGATE HOST

I have received an error message a number of times about this. Here is the
event code.
Product

Preview Handler Surrogate Host

Problem

Stopped working

Date

2/27/2008 9:27 PM

Status

Report Sent

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: prevhost.exe

Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386

Application Timestamp: 4549b089

Fault Module Name: StackHash_c854

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 1d02ce05

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: c854

Additional Information 2: c81ce673833eae3403a92bdcd48737c3

Additional Information 3: 36bb

Additional Information 4: 837d999a4449e273afd9253e5df85d79

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 18836102

Old February 28th 08, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

The information you posted is from the Problem Reports and Solutions
component which is information and files that are sent directly to Microsoft
to be entered into their internal database. This information is useless
unless one has access to that internal database.

What we can use here is information from the Event Viewer.

Open Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer.

In the Event Viewer open Custom Views / Administrative Events. Look for any
error events with a 'red' icon that correspond to the date/time of the error
message. If you find any, double click the error message. At the bottom of
that dialog box, press the Copy Button. Paste the results back here in a
reply.

Example:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 1/10/2008 12:54:52 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Faulting application WMIADAP.EXE, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549af43, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000043, fault offset 0x00008fc7, process id
0xc5c, application start time 0x01c853cb07287de7.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP