Using Favorite Links

Old February 29th 08, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
McAlex

Default Using Favorite Links

I can't right click a favorite subfolder and drag it to Favorite Links and
create a shortcut. When I relase the mouse button I am not asked to select:
"create shortcut here". The bar which moved to the left pane, to Favorite
Links, when draging, just disappears and the drag operation is ignored.
Is it because I might have deleted some sample links when I was trying
and fiddling to use this practical feature ?
On the very top of the left pane I see 'Favorite Links' only shaded and
below in blue 'More '. That's all. Where do I have to drag here exactely ?
Old March 1st 08, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

The default action for dropping an item in the Favorites Links pane is
'Create Shortcut', so a left-click drag & drop should be sufficient -- does
that work?

The shortcuts displayed in the Favorites Links pane are found in the 'Links'
folder in your UserName folder, do shortcuts in that folder display in the
Favorites Links pane?

If not, see what folder opens when you type:

shell:links

in the Start Search box. If it's not the folder you want, use the 'Move'
button on the 'Location' tab in the Properties dialog for the folder to
point at the folder you want.

Has the Folder tree pane been dragged so far up that you can't see the
contents of the Favorites Links pane? You can drag the border between the
two to adjust the spacing.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

Old March 2nd 08, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
McAlex

Thank you, Keith. The last paragraph of your answer was spot on !
The folder tree pane has indeed been dragged too far up. I pulled the
border down, and the problem is solved now. Great stuff !
Best regards
Alex