Printer install failed...very frustrating

Old March 2nd 08, 09:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Terec61

Default Printer install failed...very frustrating

Hi

Can anybody help me with installation of a printer. It's only a bogstandard
Lexmark 610 for ease of use when travelling. Every time I try to install I
get 'unable to install software drivers' message saying not able to write to
specified target!!!!

I am running vista on a new laptop and message seems to indicate that the
drivers are not compatable with vista BUT I have another (also new and also
vista) laptop and the printer installed on that one no problem!! HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old March 3rd 08, 06:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

I cannot find any reference to a 610 at the Lexmark website... the closest I
can come is the Z611.

There are Vista drivers there, but since they use cookies, I can't give you
a direct link... just go to www.lexmark.com and you'll type in z611 and they
should appear. Obviously remember to install the driver package BEFORE
connecting the printer to the PC.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old March 3rd 08, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Terec61

Hi Cari

Many Thanks for your suggestion. I should have said in my initial query that
I have downloaded the latest driver from the lexmark website but still the
same problem. I feel the problem is more with the laptop itself and possibly
something to do with the settings or something.....i will just have to trawl
through everything I can think of to rectify....if all else fails I will just
rest to original settings ...or throw it thru the window!!!!!!LOL!...Again
thanks for your help

Tere