How to splice two pictures together in Movie Maker

Old March 2nd 08, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
pkt

Default How to splice two pictures together in Movie Maker

I've read all the information on how you can combine two video clips together
in Movie Maker, but I'm looking for a way to get two pictures into one frame.
Does this have to be done before I import the pictures into Movie Maker?
I've also tried to do that in Picture Manager and Photo Gallery with no luck.
Can anyone tell me how to combine two pictures into either one .jpeg or into
one frame in Movie Maker?

Thanks!
Old March 2nd 08, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

pkt wrote:
I've read all the information on how you can combine two video clips
together in Movie Maker, but I'm looking for a way to get two
pictures into one frame. Does this have to be done before I import
the pictures into Movie Maker? I've also tried to do that in Picture
Manager and Photo Gallery with no luck. Can anyone tell me how to
combine two pictures into either one .jpeg or into one frame in Movie
Maker?

Thanks!

==================================
I think your best bet would be to combine the
pictures in a digital image editing program...
crop the resulting file to the proper aspect ratio
and then import it into movie maker.

Also you may find the following link to be worth
a look.

Split Video Transitions
http://www.rehanfx.org/split_video.htm
(yes it works on videos and pictures)

The freeware IrfanView can combine the pictures
edge to edge and FastStone Image Viewer has
a good crop tool that will allow you to crop the
combined image to the required aspect ratio.

Irfanview
http://www.techspot.com/download299.html
(get the plug-ins too)
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/47...w-plugins.html

FastStone Image Viewer
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old March 3rd 08, 08:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Edward[_5_]

"pkt" schreef in bericht
I've read all the information on how you can combine two video clips
together
in Movie Maker, but I'm looking for a way to get two pictures into one
frame.
Does this have to be done before I import the pictures into Movie Maker?
I've also tried to do that in Picture Manager and Photo Gallery with no
luck.
Can anyone tell me how to combine two pictures into either one .jpeg or
into
one frame in Movie Maker?

Thanks!

There are many ways. If you don't have an appropriate photo edit progam, try
this workaround:
import the 2 photo's on a blank page in your text editor program (e.g.Word),
and drag them in the right position.
Now use the Windows cut-tool (it's in bureau accessoiries) to make a cut-out
of it, and save it as a new picture.