Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked

Old March 3rd 08, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Patty

Default Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked

While I can get to this website http://dallasisd.org/curriculum when using
another computer that doesn't have VISTA, the two computers that have it
don't allow us to go there. We get the message above and when we click on "
Continue to this website" because we know it is okay (work/school related),
it doesn't allow us to go. What security settings need to be off so that this
doesn't happen. With Windows XP, it immediately goes when we click "continue
to this website."sta Any assistance would be appreciated because both Sony
and Compaq said this isn't their problem...it's a MS Vista. problem
Old March 3rd 08, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mark L. Ferguson

IE, tools menu, Options, Advanced tab, scroll to "Security" area, There are
two 'check for cert' checkboxes.

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"

Old March 3rd 08, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Patty

Both are unchecked...in fact, I've unchecked everything under "Security" in
my attempt to access the website in question. The Vista t tfirewall is turned
off too. It still won't allow access when I click on the part to "go to this
website, although not recommended." It won't accept the site under "trusted"
because it isn't an https: address. Any other suggestions *except dump Vista
and return to XP)?

.

Old March 3rd 08, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
PNutts

There is a setting where you can allow non-https sites into your Trusted Site
list. When you open your Trusted Site list, remove the check from the
checkbox at the bottom of the window titled "Require server verification
(https for all sites in this zone".

The link you provided isn't responding for me at all so I can't offer any
assistance other than my local library has a "bad" certificate (name is
wrong) and even though IE yells at me and the title bar is red, I can still
access it with full functionality.

Old March 3rd 08, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave

when you add to the Trusted Site list, uncheck the box for "Require server
verification (https for all sites in this zone"

or switch to Firefox, which is my preferred browser.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old March 3rd 08, 02:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Patty

I downloaded Firefox and guess what -- no problems entering site. I'll tell
everyone at school having the same problems to switch to Firefox. Yea! Thanks
for all ya'lls help!

Oh, here's the site:
https://portal.dallasisd.org/curricu...LOGIN_FORM.jsp

Old March 3rd 08, 04:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
PNutts

Interesting. It appears to be a typo in their website code. Someone else made
the same complaint to a newsgroup last year and I am able to reproduce your
results. IE7 in Vista will not load it, but IE6 in XP will.

Old August 27th 14, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

On Sunday, March 2, 2008 5:06:01 PM UTC-8, Patty wrote: While I can get to this website http://dallasisd.org/curriculum when using another computer that doesn't have VISTA, the two computers that have it don't allow us to go there. We get the message above and when we click on " Continue to this website" because we know it is okay (work/school related), it doesn't allow us to go. What security settings need to be off so that this doesn't happen.. With Windows XP, it immediately goes when we click "continue to this website."sta Any assistance would be appreciated because both Sony and Compaq said this isn't their problem...it's a MS Vista. problem