Can't Open Mixer Volume

Old December 13th 09, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sandy scott

Default hello

i cant get my speakers to work i done a restore and it quite working i dont know what to do to get it working now could u help me the open volume mixer wont open for me

RCoe wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
03-Mar-08

My OS has been very stable (latest patches etc applied, no new
software/hardware). When I rightclick on the Sndvol.exe applet in the
SysTrack the menu appears. I can choose Playback, Record, etc. but NOT Open
Volume Mixer. Nor do I see the slider. When I left click on the Open Volume
Mixer it looks like it triggers an Event to the OS, but nothing happens. I
have rebooted (warm & cold) and even Restored to an earlier date without
success.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thnaks,
Bob

On Monday, March 03, 2008 12:28 PM
RCoe wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
My OS has been very stable (latest patches etc applied, no new
software/hardware). When I rightclick on the Sndvol.exe applet in the
SysTrack the menu appears. I can choose Playback, Record, etc. but NOT Open
Volume Mixer. Nor do I see the slider. When I left click on the Open Volume
Mixer it looks like it triggers an Event to the OS, but nothing happens. I
have rebooted (warm & cold) and even Restored to an earlier date without
success.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thnaks,
Bob

On Monday, March 03, 2008 1:35 PM
Brink wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
RCoen;633270 Wrote:

Hi Bob,

You might try reinstalling your audio drivers to see if that will fix
the problem. Note, on some audio drivers, you will need to install them
twice to actually install them. Once to remove the old one, twice to
install it.

If that does not help, then see if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes)
can find and fix any system file errors that may be the cause. This will
show you how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*

On Monday, March 03, 2008 3:37 PM
Colin Barnhorst wrote:

What happens if you open it from the Control Panel?
What happens if you open it from the Control Panel?

On Monday, March 03, 2008 9:38 PM
RCoe wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
Same problem, same behavior

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

On Monday, March 03, 2008 9:39 PM
RCoe wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately neither suggestion worked for me.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately neither suggestion worked for me. Any
others would be most appreciated.

"Brink" wrote:

On Monday, March 03, 2008 10:21 PM
Brink wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
RCoen;633871 Wrote:

Bob,

The only other thing that I know of to do that is less drastic than a
complete reinstall, is to try a Repair install. This will give you the
details and how to do it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Hope it helps you,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*

On Monday, March 03, 2008 10:46 PM
Colin Barnhorst wrote:

Are using WLOC by any chance?
Are using WLOC by any chance?

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:31 AM
daveswu wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

On Saturday, March 08, 2008 6:58 AM
daveswu wrote:

Further to my last Bob, it would appear that as you suspect the application
Further to my last Bob, it would appear that as you suspect the application
does open but does not appear on screen. If you open" task manager" and look
under "processes" you will see "sndvol.exe" is running, this is it. If you
end this process you can then try to open volume mixer again. I have found
that sometimes it will open and sometimes not. This is far from being a cure
for what is a definite problem but it gives you an easier way of trying again
than constantly rebooting.
Regards,
Daveswuk

"RCoen" wrote:

On Friday, April 11, 2008 1:36 PM
miracle197 wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
"daveswuk" wrote:

thanks alot daveswuk I was having the same problems and what you have said
has fixed many thanks

Julie

On Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:24 PM
danny wrote:

can't open volume mixer
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Friday, August 28, 2009 12:10 PM
rajesh wrote:

open volume nixer
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Floating box in javascript
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...javascrip.aspx
Old December 13th 09, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sandy scott

RCoe wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
03-Mar-08

My OS has been very stable (latest patches etc applied, no new
software/hardware). When I rightclick on the Sndvol.exe applet in the
SysTrack the menu appears. I can choose Playback, Record, etc. but NOT Open
Volume Mixer. Nor do I see the slider. When I left click on the Open Volume
Mixer it looks like it triggers an Event to the OS, but nothing happens. I
have rebooted (warm & cold) and even Restored to an earlier date without
success.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thnaks,
Bob

On Monday, March 03, 2008 12:28 PM
RCoe wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
My OS has been very stable (latest patches etc applied, no new
software/hardware). When I rightclick on the Sndvol.exe applet in the
SysTrack the menu appears. I can choose Playback, Record, etc. but NOT Open
Volume Mixer. Nor do I see the slider. When I left click on the Open Volume
Mixer it looks like it triggers an Event to the OS, but nothing happens. I
have rebooted (warm & cold) and even Restored to an earlier date without
success.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thnaks,
Bob

On Monday, March 03, 2008 1:35 PM
Brink wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

What happens if you open it from the Control Panel?
What happens if you open it from the Control Panel?

On Monday, March 03, 2008 9:38 PM
RCoe wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume
Same problem, same behavior

"Brink" wrote:

On Monday, March 03, 2008 10:21 PM
Brink wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

Are using WLOC by any chance?
Are using WLOC by any chance?

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:31 AM
daveswu wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume

"RCoen" wrote:

On Friday, April 11, 2008 1:36 PM
miracle197 wrote:

Can't Open Mixer Volume

danny wrote:

can't open volume mixer
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Friday, August 28, 2009 12:10 PM

open volume nixer