Disappearing External Hard Drive

Old June 18th 08, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default Disappearing External Hard Drive

The problem of course is that the OP starts calling folks bad things as a
result.

"R. C. White" wrote in message
Hi, Colin.

That's because daredvl_edm is not really the OP. He is just tagging onto
a thread that he found in some "forum" on the Internet, and that forum
relayed his post - but not the prior posts in the thread - to Microsoft
Communities.

As with so many of these cases, we get into the middle of the conversation
with NO context. :( As usual, the faint, easily-overlooked clue is in
the poster's address and in the headers of his post, in this case:

Perhaps you already know that YOUR posts - and MINE - are also shown in
whatever forum "daredvl" happens to be using, just as though we had posted
there. Even if we never heard of that forum. The managers of that forum
MIGHT credit Microsoft public newsgroups, but often they do not.

It's good that our advice gets distributed widely, but it is not good that
the conversations are chopped up, with missing or delayed or
out-of-context posts. And it is deplorable that such messages simply show
up here, as though originally posted here, with no warning of what is
happening.

Sorry for the rant. Sorry that it is even called for. :(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
There are NO previous posts showing here.

"daredvl_edm" wrote in message

Have u not been reading the previous posts and how no one is resolving a
disapearing sata drive. Where have u been?????????????????????? I have
Vista ultimate and removed the service pack from the eqauation and my
disapearing Sata HD has reappeared. I have no issues with it anymore.
I am posting my findings as others seem to have the problem, and no one
seems to be finding out a fix for this issue at all.

Colin Barnhorst;749953 Wrote:
Try with what? You give absolutely no description of your system.

"daredvl_edm" wrote in message

I had this problem constantly happening. I removed service pack 1
from
vista and have not had an issue since. Give this a try, I am
convinced
it is happening with updates.

--
daredvl_edm

--
daredvl_edm

Old June 18th 08, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
daredvl_edm

My appoligies for ur lack of reading skills, but as u might have read,
but not registered, I have figured it out on my own, and was informing
the public of what my findings were. So as u mentioned "you can work
this out on your own"...... Again, I have. But since I am a twit, and
clearly not as smart as you, we are truly never going to get anywhere
with this, are we.

Nonny;750298 Wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:08:38 -0500, daredvl_edm
wrote:

Have u not been reading the previous posts and how no one is resolving

disapearing sata drive. Where have u been??????????????????????

You clueless twit! The post you replied to was from LAST MARCH and
those of us that are not using that pitiful web interfaced bulletin
board that you are using don't see what you are replying to when it's
that old.

You can work this one out on your own after that smart-assed and
brainless reply.