Microsoft fingerprint reader X64 drivers

Old March 5th 08, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wolfeman

Default Microsoft fingerprint reader X64 drivers

I have been reading many threads with reguards to the Microsoft Fingerprint
reader that is marketed by Microsoft. The drivers are not currently available
for x64. If the drivers are not going to be made for this product then
Microsoft needs to make a statement that they are not going to support the
product any further. There are lots of people that have contacted you about
the product and have gotten the run around about wether or not you will
support this product under the 64 bit environment. If you are going to create
a product like Vista and Windows XP with 64 bit options then you should
support your products like the fingerprint reader under these environments. I
know that the answers that others have recieved from Microsoft have varied in
the responses, I.E. yes there is work being done on the developement of the
drivers and some that say no work is being done to support the device under
the 64 bit environment. My question is simply this. Is there any posibility
of a 64 bit driver for the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader?
Old March 5th 08, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

If you are addressing this to Microsoft be aware that this is only a
user-to-user self help newsgroup and is not monitored by Microsoft. It is
doubtful that they will see this message. Address your concern directly to
Microsoft at one of the many Contact Us links on microsoft.com.

Old April 4th 09, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
callen knight

i have just bought a laptop with finger recognition how do i create an
account? iv'e looked everywhere to find this and yet have had no joy can
anyone help?

--
callen knight
callen knight's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87509.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 4th 09, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David Vair

Microsoft Fingerprint reader is only supported on 32 bit.

--
David Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

Old April 4th 09, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Did you read the documentation and/or check the online help that came with
the laptop? Most of them use a third-party software product to manage
fingerprint readers.

Old April 4th 09, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
callen knight[_2_]

nice one ill check it out