Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Old June 27th 09, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default Error Message-Email-0X800CCCF3

I assume you are paying Yahoo for access to their Mail Plus server.

"Unexpected" termination is usually caused by interference from an
antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Sierra" wrote in message ...
I am getting the exact same thing:

inactivity. Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

This is the code that comes up. Please help.

Old June 27th 09, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sierra

Thank you. I guess it was that you can only access Yahoo on your windows
mail or outlook express if you are paying for the service. Didn't know that.
Thanks again for your help!
Old June 28th 09, 03:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.
Yahoo's POP access costs US$19.99 per year.

Old July 29th 09, 04:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

Good evening Gary,

Currently I am receiving this error message:

0x800CCC0F

Oddly enough, some e-mail gets through but every e-mail will not be
processed. For example my mom's account has over 150 e-mails that need to be
received. It'll receive maybe 4 one time, 8 another before it gets stuck and
that error message comes up.

I am able to browse the internet fine. I have high connection speed as
well. The error just started coming up when I installed a wireless router
for my lap top. (I am having this issue on my desktop). If I connect the
computer directly to the modem, I no longer have an error. As soon as it is
connected through the wireless router the error appears.

I have PC Cillin. I've gone through a lot of the steps to see if it is
that, but I am guessing it must be the router. I allowed access to port 110
and 25 as need be, but the error still persists. Any help would be much
appreciated.

-Bryan

Old July 29th 09, 05:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

We can't do a whole lot with just the error number. Right-click on your
error message, copy, then paste the whole thing it into a reply here.

Have you tried it with your Trend Micro antivirus completely uninstalled?
Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try
Windows Mail again. If no improvement, do a trial uninstall of the antivirus.

Another option (instead of uninstalling Trend Micro) is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of
overly intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

In any case you must disable any antivirus email scanning, for the reason

Old July 29th 09, 05:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

inactivity. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Here is the entire error message. I'll give that a try. I did try loading
Thunderbird and I had a similar problem. Perhaps it is interfering with both
programs. I have had Trend Micro for years and I hadn't a problem until I
put the wireless router in.
Old July 29th 09, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

New finding. I seems like my connection seems to die out everytime I try to
connect to windows mail. As soon as the error comes up it says that the
connection is limited. If I go into the internet a few seconds after, I am
unable to get online. This only lasts for mere seconds though.

Old July 29th 09, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

Windows Live seems to be giving me the same message. I have yet to uninstall
Trend Micro yet.

Here is the Windows Live Message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.optonline.net account. Your
server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this
include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.optonline.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

(Sorry for all the replies. Trying to be as specific as possible)
Old July 29th 09, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Check your connection settings in Windows Mail.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
What does it show for connection?
You must either leave that unselected (in which case WM will use whatever
connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network.

Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
and the second box unchecked.