Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Old July 29th 09, 06:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default Error Message-Email-0X800CCCF3

If your Internet connection was stable, then I'd say that "unexpectedly
terminated" is usually caused by interference from an
antivirus program. If you get the connection stabilized (see my previous
post), and the same problem continues, do a trial uninstall of your
antivirus.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Otter380" wrote in message ...
Windows Live seems to be giving me the same message. I have yet to uninstall
Trend Micro yet.

Here is the Windows Live Message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.optonline.net account. Your
server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this
include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.optonline.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

(Sorry for all the replies. Trying to be as specific as possible)

Old August 3rd 09, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

I uninstalled Trend Micro and haven't had much luck. I also double checked
my settings. I allowed access to the needed ports. D link is blaming
optimum online for the problem and optimum online thinks its the wireless
router that needs to be tweaked.

I also checked for corrupted e-mail and still no luck.

Old August 3rd 09, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Email issues are seldom caused by routers or firewalls.
Are you running any other third party security software?

Reaching for straws, when Vista was first deployed, quite a few users
discovered that their older routers did not like Vista's auto-tuning feature.
If that may be affecting you, have a look at this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934430

Old August 3rd 09, 03:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

There is secure spot that came with the router set up. I disabled the mail
control on it but I'm not sure how I'd go about uninstalling it. I access it
via web.

It hasn't an option to turn off the firewall.

Old August 3rd 09, 10:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Otter380" wrote in message
Good evening Gary,

Currently I am receiving this error message:

0x800CCC0F

Oddly enough, some e-mail gets through but every e-mail will not be
processed. For example my mom's account has over 150 e-mails that need to
be
received. It'll receive maybe 4 one time, 8 another before it gets stuck
and
that error message comes up.

I am able to browse the internet fine. I have high connection speed as
well. The error just started coming up when I installed a wireless router
for my lap top. (I am having this issue on my desktop). If I connect the
computer directly to the modem, I no longer have an error. As soon as it
is
connected through the wireless router the error appears.

I have PC Cillin. I've gone through a lot of the steps to see if it is
that, but I am guessing it must be the router. I allowed access to port
110
and 25 as need be, but the error still persists. Any help would be much
appreciated.

-Bryan

Try this:

Log in to your mom's account with her PW & UN and move or delete any very
large messages?

https://webmail2.optonline.net/

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Old August 3rd 09, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Otter380

It looks like disabling the Vista auto tuner worked. Thank you very much for
you help. I was about to send the router back, but now everything seems to
be working correctly.

-Bryan

Old August 3rd 09, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You're welcome. Glad to have helped.
We haven't had a Vista auto-tuning issue here in over 12 months, so
you really had me reaching deep in my bag of tricks. :-)

Old November 17th 09, 10:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Josh

Hi Gary,

I am receiving this message
inactivity. Subject 'g', Account: 'main', Server: 'smtp.daichy.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I use 3 different email accounts (I mean 3 domains are different) the above
occurs only with one of the three, and only when I try to send emails -
receiving is OK. AV is trend micro, outgoing email scan is turned off.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Old November 17th 09, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen \(MS MVP\)

Your problem is most likely caused by your antivirus.
Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try
Windows Mail again. If no improvement, do a trial uninstall of the antivirus.

Another option (instead of uninstalling Trend Micro) is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of
overly intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

In any case you must disable any antivirus email scanning, for the reason
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)