Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Old August 25th 10, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F[_2_]

Default Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

One more questions.

I am not at my home computer, which is where my original email account is
set up. I am at work trying to set up the live mail to access my home email,
will this work?

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" wrote:

Hi Gary, I still get the message:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

It appears that it is getting hooked up on sending my out mail. The in mail
comes in fine. I do not have either SSL on in or out mail checked. On the
servers tab I have:
POP3
mail.wavecable.com
mail.wavecable.com
log on using clear text authentication

Please help!!

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't have an email scanning
module, so there is nothing to turn off.

hanks for including the complete error message because it made
the diagnosis easy.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Your provider doesn't support advanced options like SSL:
http://www.wavebroadband.com/art.php?id=emailsetup

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" wrote in message ...

Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Kindly provide us with the complete error message. Right-click on it,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. Manual transcribing can introduce
typos which will obscure the original problem.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"winner" wrote in message ...
When I tried to use my Windows Mail I get the message that my server has
unexpected terminated connection - My provider says the problem is with
Microsoft- Can anyone tell me how to address this problem

.

Old August 26th 10, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

This error message is quite different.
The original error message reflected using SSL on port 25.
This one reflects using no SSL on port 587.

There are two possible reasons why you are getting this
second error message:
1) Wavecable.com may not support port 587.
2) The corporate connection you are using has a firewall that blocks
port 587.

Based on some testing I did just now, the first possibility is true.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" wrote in message ...

Hi Gary, I still get the message:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't have an email scanning
module, so there is nothing to turn off.

hanks for including the complete error message because it made
the diagnosis easy.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Your provider doesn't support advanced options like SSL:
http://www.wavebroadband.com/art.php?id=emailsetup

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" wrote in message ...

Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

inactivity.

Subject 'test'

Old September 2nd 10, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Chris

I too got that message:
inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I am not seeing any fixes??? Can someone help me?

"sylvieducharme" wrote:

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" Error
a écrit dans le message
de ...
Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity.

Subject 'test'

Old September 2nd 10, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Old September 3rd 10, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
wolf

It is in windows vista Brad

I too got that message:

"sylvieducharme" wrote:

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" Error
a écrit dans le
message
de ...
Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft
Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity.

Subject 'test'

Old September 9th 10, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
supersupercooper

Default Help please Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Seems u r a guru for this:
Here is my error message copied:
inactivity. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F

My email I CAN access is
Thanks

Old September 10th 10, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Wrong port number and other settings for that account.
Follow these instructions:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=86383