Vista Banter

-   Networking with Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/networking-windows-vista/)
-   -   Not able to enable Wireless Adapter (http://www.vistabanter.com/11171-not-able-enable-wireless-adapter.html)

Daniel November 22nd 06 07:31 AM

Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

After installing Vista for the first time i was able to use internet over the
wireless Adapter.

But after i set my ASUS Notebook into Hibernate i lost the ability to enable
my
Wireless Adapter.
Even to restart the system is not enough to enable the Wireless Adapter.

The current driver on my System are Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG.

Could anyone help me please?

dfreidel April 3rd 09 05:57 PM

Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

I totally have the same issue with our machines here. if anyone knows
please help

--
dfreidel

kmarkt July 3rd 09 05:45 PM

Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

me to.. we have the same problem...

--
kmarkt

gtalarico December 6th 09 02:00 AM

Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

Hello everyone

I am running Vista 64, and I WAS having a similar problem.

I was trying to use a USB WLAN adapter, and I had tried 4 different
adapters, and all updated drivers for each adapter. Had tried turning
off AV and firewall.

With every driver and adapter, the same problem:
Windows seemed happy with the driver, but the adapter always showed as
"disabled". If tried to enable, it would show: "Enabling.........
Enabled!" but it would never actually enable it.
After weeks of troubleshooting and searching the net, I had given up.

This afternoon, I accidentally figured out what was causing this
problem!

Uninstall ZoneAlarm!

Somehow, even when ZA was disabled, it was keeping my wireless device
from enabling....

I hope this will help someone.

--
gtalarico

Wanabejoe January 2nd 10 07:29 AM

Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

I had same issue i was working on for 2 weeks now!

Uninstalled za and everything is all better thanks man!!! I love you
sooooooo much...finaly able to go back to my wow...

--
Wanabejoe

eli777 January 29th 10 03:36 AM

Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

I was having this same problem, but in Windows 7, and I am SO happy I
finally found this advice about uninstalling Zone Alarm! I was trying to
enable my wireless adapter for hours with no luck, tried re-installing
all the drivers, couldn't find anything about the problem on Windows 7
forums. The very instant the Zone Alarm uninstaller started working, the
problem was fixed! Thank you so much!!!

--
eli777