Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

Old November 22nd 06, 07:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Daniel

Default Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

After installing Vista for the first time i was able to use internet over the
wireless Adapter.

But after i set my ASUS Notebook into Hibernate i lost the ability to enable
my
Wireless Adapter.
Even to restart the system is not enough to enable the Wireless Adapter.

The current driver on my System are Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG.

Could anyone help me please?

Old April 3rd 09, 05:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
dfreidel

I totally have the same issue with our machines here. if anyone knows
please help

--
dfreidel
Old July 3rd 09, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
kmarkt

me to.. we have the same problem...

--
kmarkt
Old December 6th 09, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
gtalarico

Hello everyone

I am running Vista 64, and I WAS having a similar problem.

I was trying to use a USB WLAN adapter, and I had tried 4 different
adapters, and all updated drivers for each adapter. Had tried turning
off AV and firewall.

With every driver and adapter, the same problem:
Windows seemed happy with the driver, but the adapter always showed as
"disabled". If tried to enable, it would show: "Enabling.........
Enabled!" but it would never actually enable it.
After weeks of troubleshooting and searching the net, I had given up.

This afternoon, I accidentally figured out what was causing this
problem!

Uninstall ZoneAlarm!

Somehow, even when ZA was disabled, it was keeping my wireless device
from enabling....

I hope this will help someone.

--
gtalarico

Old January 2nd 10, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Wanabejoe

I had same issue i was working on for 2 weeks now!

Uninstalled za and everything is all better thanks man!!! I love you
sooooooo much...finaly able to go back to my wow...

--
Wanabejoe

Old January 29th 10, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
eli777

I was having this same problem, but in Windows 7, and I am SO happy I
finally found this advice about uninstalling Zone Alarm! I was trying to
enable my wireless adapter for hours with no luck, tried re-installing
all the drivers, couldn't find anything about the problem on Windows 7
forums. The very instant the Zone Alarm uninstaller started working, the
problem was fixed! Thank you so much!!!

--
eli777