Vista Banter

-   Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/performance-maintainance-windows-vista/)
-   -   0x80070020 backup error (http://www.vistabanter.com/111770-0x80070020-backup-error.html)

DaveG March 12th 08 08:57 AM

0x80070020 backup error

Every time I run a files backup I get the error: "0x80070020 backup error,
files was in use". Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks.

Tech Man July 28th 11 11:20 AM

0x80070020 backup error

Hi,

You can also do the following to resolve this issue:

Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
To create a selective backup, do the following:
1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.

Select the backup location
4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.

Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)Additional LocationsAppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.

Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.

Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
The problem should now be resolved.