Second Printer success!

Old August 31st 06, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
MICHAEL

Default Second Printer success!

Finally! I'm so happy.

I have two printers in my house. One is rather new, it is downstairs
I had no problem connecting to it via my network. My home network
is wireless, although, I have two computers wired to the router and two
computers connected by wireless.

I have my old HP OfficeJet K-80, upstairs. I've had it since 2001 but it
still works great, one of those "all-in-one" deals. I have Vista installed
on a laptop. Even though I could get it to print to the printer downstairs-
there are just times when my lazy arse wanted something quickly printed
out on the one upstairs.

Vista would find the shared printer and said it was connected and ready.
But, when I would try to print out a test page- nothing happened. Really
drove me crazy.
I have been trying *every* possible way to get it to work. Finally, almost
by accident, I was at the computer the K80 is hooked up to. I had clicked
on the Properties of the printer icon, I was going to have it clean the heads.
I started looking again at the different tabs (which I had done a hundred times),
I clicked on the "Advanced" tab, saw a driver button and beside it it said
"officejet k series". I clicked the button and it showed me several different
driver options- there was one that said "HP OfficeJet K80". I clicked it.
Closed out the properties box. I thought to myself that can't be the answer-
my printer has always worked, and my XP Pro side of this laptop never had
problems connecting or using the printer. I went to my laptop, went to add
printer, add network, then to "browse". Saw the printer, as usual. Vista connected
to it, said it was ready, willing and able. Just one more thing.... the test print.
BINGO! It worked! Lawd have mercy.

Right there on the test print, the version of the driver was 6.0, the other
drivers were 5.0.

Sorry for the rambling explanation.

I'm just so happy. My dogs make me go downstairs enough to take them out-
I don't need anymore excuses, the new printer is also close to the kitchen. :-)
Anyway, it's nice when your stuff just works.... it just works.

-Michael
Old August 31st 06, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
John Jay Smith

this is truly sad....Look where vista has taken us....

to be thankful that an OS from the bigest and most wealthy OS company in the
world,
works with printer...

Disgusting....

Old August 31st 06, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jimmy Brush

Disgusting....

.... That printer manufacturers won't make vista-compatible drivers. I agree
whole-heartedly. They are giving Microsoft a bad name.

--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/