US Robotics Print Server not working with Vista

Old September 12th 06, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Robert Aldwinckle

Default US Robotics Print Server not working with Vista

"f delgado" f wrote in message
I have the same problem. I have a USR 5461 router/print server with a Brother
HL-5140 connected to it via USB. It uses an internet port for printing
(
http://192.168.2.1:1631/printers/My_Printer). I have another XP computer and
a laptop set up to print this way but Vista doesn't seem to recognize this
kind of printing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

As Kai told the OP you're posting in the IE newsgroup (not your fault;
there's an error in the menu on the web page you're using).

Unfortunately, you can't access the newsgroup that you need to access
through the portal that you are using. Try this one instead:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

To start you off I am cross-posting this reply to that newsgroup.
If you get a reply from someone there here you can read it in this thread;
otherwise use the above link.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Old September 12th 06, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Add a printer
Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
Not in the list
Select a Shared printer by name
enter the http stuff as the example states.
http://192.168.2.1:1631/printers/My_Printer

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Old September 13th 06, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Robert Aldwinckle

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote in message
Add a printer
Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
Not in the list
Select a Shared printer by name
enter the http stuff as the example states.
http://192.168.2.1:1631/printers/My_Printer

Alan,

Thanks for letting IE General NG be your proxy. w
Is there any chance of that link (in the Windows Vista Help and Support Beta)
being fixed soon?

E.g. notice what still happens when you click on the cross-post link
to Vista Print Fax & Scan in your reply:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...5-9405bc4ed6f3

Also, while I'm repeating my critique of that menu:
I really think there should be another separator and grouping label
added in front of the last 5 newsgroups in the list currently labeled
"Windows Vista Newsgroups". We still have Vista users expressing
surprise in those shared newsgroups that non-Vista discussions
predominate. I think an appropriate label would have prepared them
to accept that they would be seeing non-Vista discussions there before
actually seeing them.

Thanks for your attention...

Robert
(MVP IE)