Still Cannot Add Network Printer - Access Denied

Old September 29th 06, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
BigK

Default Still Cannot Add Network Printer - Access Denied

I am still having this issue and have not yet found an answer. I have found
many, many people asking the same question so this is apparently a
widespread problem.

I have a Windows XP Home computer with 2 printers installed. I have been
able to print to them when I had XP MCE on my laptop. Now with Vista I
cannot.

I have both machines with the same Network Workgroup. I have them all on
static IPs connected to a Linksys WRT54G Router. My laptop is connected via
an Intel 2200 Wi-Fi Adapter. Both computers have the same User name and
both have the same password.

When I try to add the printers via add printer wizard, it sees both printers
but when I try to actually install them it tries to connect and says Access
Denied.

I also tried to just browse to the computer and right click on the shared
printers and chose connect. Still Access Denied.

Anyone who had this find a solution? Anyone know how to solve this. If you
do, I bet you could make many dozens of people, hundreds of people happy.

Thanks.

BTW I am using 5728

Old September 30th 06, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lang Murphy

I'm having the same problem... later today I may try hanging the printer off
a Vista box and sharing it and see if I can get to it from another Vista
box...

Lang

Old September 30th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lang Murphy

Yeah... hung the printer off a Vista box and was able to assign it as a
network printer on another Vista box, no problem.

I'm running XP Home on the PC that's sharing the printer. Don't know if
Professional or MCE would make a difference.

Lang

news

Old September 30th 06, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lang Murphy

Yeah... hung the printer off a Vista box and was able to assign it as a net
printer on another Vista box.

I'm running XP Home of the PC sharing the printer. Don't know if

Old October 2nd 06, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
George J Meier

Hi Ho Lang Murphy,

Could you please explain what precisely is a Vista Box?

Thanking you.

I have the same problem

Absolutely impossible to install printer on windows XP network.

Thanking you.

Georgio

"Lang Murphy" wrote in message
Yeah... hung the printer off a Vista box and was able to assign it as a
net printer on another Vista box.

Old October 2nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lang Murphy

Georgio,

I just mean a PC. Vista box = a PC running Vista.

Lang

Old October 2nd 06, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lang Murphy

Built an XP Pro PC today... hung the printer off it... shared the printer...
assigned it as a network printer in Vista 5728 without a problem. So... I
have to assume XP Home is the source of the problem.

Lang

Old October 2nd 06, 09:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Rusth H \(1136045\)

Another "Me Too" - I cannot find a way to share the XPHome printer with
VISTA. However, file sharing works fine.

Old October 4th 06, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jordan H.

You Guys aren't alone, I've also got the same issue. I'm wondering if it's
because XP HOME edition uses "Simple file sharing"(lol) and Vista is actually
running "Network Discovery" witch is reallty tantamount to XP PRO File
Sharing. Anybody know how to turn Simple File Sharing on in Vista? Can You?

Old October 4th 06, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lang Murphy

My uneducated guess would be that Vista Home Edition -might- support "simple
file sharing". Since most of us are evaluating Vista Ultimate... I think
not.

Lang