I can't get scanners to work in Vista

Old March 15th 08, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Charles W Davis

Default I can't get scanners to work in Vista

I bought a SCSI to USB cable for my old printer and it worked well.
"gecko" wrote in message
Well, I cannot find any info on my SCSI controller card (PCI), which
means I cannot upgrade to the driver needed for it. Since VISTA
Device Manager says the controller card is not working properly, I am
up the creek as far as ever getting my UMAX Powerlook II to work under
VISTA, at least until I find a VISTA supporting driver.

My HP950 AIO is another matter. It is connected to USB.
It prints fine. It must be using the driver embodied in VISTA.
Device manager shows it to be 'working properly' under
'Imaging Devices'. Yet it will not scan - at least in Windows Photo
Gallery. This despite the fact that an ICON for the HP950 clearly
shows in the selection panel in Photo Gallery. Additionally. VUESCAN
cannot find it either.

I have e-mailed HP, but have received no reply.

I'm open to any and all suggestions from anyone.

Thanks

-GECKO

Old March 15th 08, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
gecko[_3_]

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:44:18 -0700, "Charles W Davis"
wrote:

I bought a SCSI to USB cable for my old printer and it worked well.

I have wondered if such a thing existed and if it would work. Thanks.
I'll see if I can find one. I did ask at Radio Shack today, but he
did not even know what 'scuzzi' was! Said he never heard of the term.

-GECKO
Old March 15th 08, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bobby McNulty

wrote:

I bought a SCSI to USB cable for my old printer and it worked well.

I have wondered if such a thing existed and if it would work. Thanks.
I'll see if I can find one. I did ask at Radio Shack today, but he
did not even know what 'scuzzi' was! Said he never heard of the term.

-GECKO

Try Circuit City or Best Buy. Might be in Electronics at Walmart.

Old March 15th 08, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
huwyngr

In article MxRCj.8595$2Y4.4904@trndny01, Mld wrote:

After all else failed, that's what it*
took to make the scanner work

I don't know the Epson stuff at all.

You might try turning off Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) in Services
while installing TWAIN and getting it working.

Old March 16th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
huwyngr

In article ,
Charles W Davis wrote:

I bought a SCSI to USB cable for my old printer and it worked well.

Was that to plug into a scsi connector to provide a USB connection to a
device with a USB port on it or the other way round?

What ballpark of price was it? Anything scsi connected seems to be
expensive!

Many USB to XXX cables seem to have problems .....