windows cannot connect to printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operat

Old March 14th 08, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oscar615[_2_]

Default windows cannot connect to printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operat

I had a perfectly working network. Then I reloaded windows vista and now
I cannot print to a printer hooked to an xp machine. Print sharing and
all is on. In fact nothing changed with network. Just the vista
machine. They have the same workgroup names. I can see the printer and
have tried both letting vista install the driver into itself and
manually installing the driver into vista. This is the error I get
"windows cannot connect to printer. There is not enough memory to
complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again."
(and of course the only option in the window is to click OK. umm. No it
is not ok. I digress....) This happens even if I have no programs open.
I would just go to network and click the printer and I get the same
error. Anyone have a solution? Thanks for any help.

Thanks
Robert

--
oscar615
Old February 19th 09, 06:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Stroud

For the complete information on how to set up printer as well as how to
install Additional Drivers on the print server information will get on
the following link:

http://forums.techarena.in/vista-pri...tm#post2451602

--
Stroud
Stroud's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/stroud.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old March 15th 09, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
MGHANES

I have the same exat problem.....did you find out anything??Mike

Post Originated from
http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
Old March 16th 09, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

make sure Vista compatible drivers are installed on the machine sharing the
printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Old February 19th 21, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Sinh Nguyá»…n

VÃ*o lúc 05:30:12 UTC+7 ngÃ*y Thứ Bảy, 15 tháng 3, 2008, oscar615 đã viết:

this way worked for me, you can try it. https://youtu.be/HxEUFTb8M6k