DVD-CD Drive not working...HELP!

Old March 15th 08, 10:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wallyhockey17

Default DVD-CD Drive not working...HELP!

Hello,

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR K17A ATA Device dvd/cd drive that is not
working on my Toshiba laptop. When I check out the drives properties
through my device settings, the device status reads as below:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
and to see if there is a solution available."

After I check for solutions, nothing happens. I cannot play dvd's or
cds or any programs that use this drive...needless to say is very
frustrating! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix?

Thanks!

--
Wallyhockey17
Old March 15th 08, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Follow the steps here (method 2):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

The fix in Vista is the same as in XP.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old March 17th 08, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Karen

Coincidentally, my DVD/CD drive on my Sony Vaio wasn't working and I clicked
on this message last night - and did what Rick suggested and it worked great!
I was able to use my DVD/CD drive again and burned some pictures. I just
tried it again and the drive isn't working - again. Same Code 10. Any
suggestions other than that for me?

Thanks,
Karen

Old June 5th 08, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

go into device manager & try to update the driver for the drive. If that
fails then uninstall the drive software & then restart the system. It
would pick up the default software. You can also try to go into registry
& delete the upper & lower filter's in the following registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Hope this helps ! :geek:

--
tanuj_chadha