Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Create Rule

Old March 15th 08, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
paulyg

Default Create Rule

How can I create a rule to move all messages from a certain domain; i.e.
to a microsoft.com subfolder? Is it possible to create
one rule to handle this rather than a rule for every user of that domain?
Old March 16th 08, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Jaloba

When creating the message filtering rule, 1)check "Where the from line
contains people" . . . . . 2) add people " do not add the
information in front of the @ sign.
--
Jack

Old March 16th 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave

Where the From line contains 'microsoft.com'

should work....

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old February 5th 10, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
musiclover

My mail downloads from Comcast into my WM program. I belong to a group and
the posts come in as 'To' the address of the group, not 'from' the address of
the group. I have tried to use the message rule of when a 'to' line contains
(here I put the address of the group you have to write to)... This is not
changing the mail when it comes in. Am I doing this wrong? My 'To' domain is
not something @ something.....It's just the whole address . .
Can someone please help me with this?
--
musiclover

Old February 5th 10, 01:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen

Please start your own thread in the future instead of hijacking another's
old thread. Thank you.

May I assume you want to use a rule to move these messages to a user
created folder? You need a From rule. Don't base it on the display name of
the group. Ctrl+F3 will show the message source. It will be: "Group Name"

You need a From rule that filters on
, not a To rule
that filters on Group Name.

In general:

Have all rules that Delete it from server first.

Rules that divert mail to folders next.

All others last.

Make sure that every rule also has Stop processing more rules checked,
unless that option is grayed out.

How to set up OE Message Rules:
http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Email/O...tlook_Express/

http://www.jackieswebworks.com/outlo...ss%20notes.htm

Some Message Rule Ideas:
http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/messagerules.htm

Some tips:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/.../junkmail.mspx

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old February 5th 10, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sam Hobbs[_2_]

I think I understand. I belong to a few Yahoo groups and I am a moderator of
a few. My message rules for Yahoo groups are written to use the "To" address
for moving messages to the folder I have for each group. I actually use "To
or CC". That has worked for me for years. There are a few that don't get
caught that way; some messages are sent using bulk emailing and even though
Yahoo seems to not be confused, Windows Mail is confused by that.

If I must, I sometimes use the group name such as "[GMF]" (with brackets)
but I resort to that only if necessary.

So it should work to use the "To" address. You say it is not working but I
suggest you look closer. Are you totally sure that the address you have in
the rule is the address that is in the message? Probably when you look, you
will see a discrepancy.

Old February 5th 10, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sam Hobbs[_2_]

Groups such as Yahoo are mailing lists, and for mailing lists it is normal
for the sender ("From") to be the member and the recipient ("To") to be the
group (the mailing list).