Security Still Shows Deleted Antivirus Product as Installed

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 31st 06, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jo

Default Security Still Shows Deleted Antivirus Product as Installed

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I installed AVG antivirus and
had problems with an error message every time Vista started (this is under
PreRC1/5536). So I uninstalled AVG. It was deleted from the programs list
and no longer in the programs folder. But the Security Center didn't give me
a warning, so I checked it to see what was happening. It still had AVG listed
as installed and working! I then installed Trend Micro's PCCillin, thinking
it would replace AVG's incorrect setting. However, now it shows both
antivirus programs as installed and on. I've made a bug report but wondered
if I am the only one to run into this. (I did have a problem the first time
I tried to uninstall AVG and it said it wasn't correctly uninstalled.
However, after rebooting and trying again, it uninstalled.)